Chapter 25- The Truth

I was devastated. I texted Gaby to come back and pick me up. I got into her car with tears still streaming down my face.

“What happened?” Gaby asked, with a shocked, yet angry, expression on her face.

“I… saw Niall… kissing another… girl.” I whispered in between sobs.

“What? He wouldn’t do that, would he?”

“Well he did. He tried tlying to me as an excuse but when I asked him if he was lying, he didn’t answer.” I explained to Gaby.

“That son of a-”

“Gaby!” I stopped her.

“...Beaver. i was going to say 'Son of a beaver'.” She finished.

“Can we just go home now?” I begged.

She pursed her lips, and nodded. She started heading back to the flat.

I stormed in and saw everyone sitting on the couch. Everbody's eyes flickered over to me.

“What’s the matter?” Liam asked once he saw my tear-stained face. He rushed over to me to give me a hug, the rest of the guys following him.

“Niall-” was all I could muster. I took a deep breath. "He kissed another..." I started, but they knew what I was getting at.

“He what? Niall would never do such a thing,” Louis said.

As if on cue, Niall stepped through the door.

“Jasmine, I can explain.” He said, pushing his way through the other guys to get to me.

“I don’t think now’s such a good time, mate. Just give her some time.” Liam said, pushing me behind him, protectively.

“Jasmine, please! Just listen to me.”

“Why should I? We've been dating barely a week and you're already going around kissing other girls? If this is how our relationship is going to be, then I don't want to be apart of it.” I ran up to my room. I lay down on my bed and buried my face in my pillow and staining it with the waterfalls I called tears.

 Soon, someone knocked on the door.

"What?" I sneered, but I regret it right after. I hardly ever yell at people.

“Jasmine, please, just let me talk.” Niall said, opening my door and coming in. He closed the door behind him and entered my room.

“What?” I repeated firmly.

“I’m going to tell you the truth." He paused. "That girl at the park was my ex-girlfriend.” 

I knew he was lying at the park.

“She pressured me into kissing her. I fell for her tricks, but I promise I will never do it again. Please, give me another chance.”

In his eyes, I saw hope.

"I've never cheated on anyone, and I know how it feels because I've been cheated on. We may have only been dating for a short time, but I know that it still hurt you. Jasmine," he looked into my eyes; my soul. "I promise I'll never ever hurt you again."

“How do I know you won’t?” But right then, he gently kissed my lips. I felt fireworks. Bombs. Sparks. Perfection.

When he pulled away, I felt tears well up in my eyes. I heard the sincerity in his voice. I saw the regret in his eyes. And I felt the longing in his kiss.

“Jasmine, I regret my decision. I’m so sorry.” He said coming in for a hug.

I believe that he felt bad, as he held my small frame against his toned chest. I just nodded at him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“I will never do that again, I swear on my life.”

“I know you won't," I stated.

He pulled away and he looked down at his feet.

”So much for our first date.” I mumbled.

“I’ll make it up to you. Tomorrow, be ready at 10 in the morning, ok?"

"Ok," I agreed.

I really hope this date doesn’t get ruined.