Chapter 35- Late Night Bite

Everyone had gone to bed except for Zayn, Niall, and I. Zayn had passed out in a reclining chair and Louis went to go visit his mom for the weekend. Niall and I were snuggled up together on the couch. We were watching Friends and I couldn’t help but giggle at mostly everything that Joey said.

“I’m hungry. You want to go grab something to eat with me?” Niall asked randomly.

“Niall, it’s like one in the morning. What place is open at one in the morning?” I asked, slightly chuckling.

“We could go to McDonald’s. Or maybe Taco Bell. Or the IHOP around here.”

“IHOP! Can we go there?”

“Sure. Let’s go.”

“Ok, just let me get dressed.” I said, heading to my room.

“But you look gorgeous,” he said, following me to the stairs.

“I don’t feel gorgeous. I’m wearing pajamas!” I said, giggling.

He groaned. “Fine, but just know that you look beautiful in anything.”

“Yeah, sure, thanks.” I said, sarcastically.

He laughed.

I went to my room and quickly put on an outfit (external link), nothing special; just athletic shorts and a sweatshirt. I went downstairs and grabbed Niall’s hand.

“Ready?” he asked me.

“Ready.” We tiptoed outside and quietly shut the door behind us, not wanting to wake anyone. We got to the car and, like a gentleman, Niall opened my door for me.

He got in himself and started the engine. Soon, we were at IHOP and found a table near the back to eat.

“I challenge you to a pancake-eating contest,” Niall said, aimlessly.

“What?” I asked, giggling.

“I challenge you to a pancake-eating contest.” He repeated, smiling.

“Ok.” I said, beaming back at him.

“Just know this; I’m going to win.” He said, jokingly.

“Don't be too sure of yourself. You're going down, Horan!" I joked. "Besides, it’ll be funny just o see how many we can eat.”

In the end, as expected, it was Niall who won the pancake-eating contest. Actually, the competition wasn’t even close! I ended up eating ten and he ended up eating 23.

“Wow. I didn’t expect you to eat that many.” Niall said.

“Me? I only ate ten. You ate 23!” I said, throwing my hands up in the air and laughing.

“Yeah but you’re so small and skinny. It’s expected of me to eat a lot. I'm a Horan;” he said, also laughing.

“I’m not small! I’m just… fun-sized.”

He bellowed out in laughter.

“Yeah, you’re right. That’s okay. I’m the shortest of the other lads. Although, I still have the biggest appetite. I swear, my stomach is like a bottomless pit.”

“Obviously! I don't know how you're not fat." I said, eyeing his gigantic arm muscles and his toned chest that peeked out from under his tank top. I caught myself staring, and forced myself to tear my gaze away. I cleared my throat. "One time, my dad challenged me to drink a gallon of milk in under a half hour to see if I could do it.” I said, giggling.

“Seriously? Did you do it?”

“Hell no! I tried, but I failed. I didn’t even get half way through.”

Niall and I laughed.

“Your dad sounds really fun.”

I nodded. "He is, but he's really weird. That's probably why I'm not very normal either."

***

We drove home and I got back into my pajamas (picture at the right). I lay down on the couch with Niall and soon, started feeling sleepy. My eyelids felt like bricks and were closing, even after I tried keeping them open.

“Good night, Jasmine.” Niall whispered, kissing my forehead.

“Good night, Niall.” 

“I love you.” he said against my forehead, his warm breath tingling my skin.

I paused. “I love you too.” I mumbled, not making it audible for him to hear me.

"What?" he asked, leaning in closer so he could hear me.

"I-I love you." I made myself open my eyes and looked up at him.

He was smiling like an idiot, gazing down at me. He swooped down to me. "I love you," he pecked my nose. "I love you," he continued as he pecked both of my cheeks. "I love you, and don't you forget it." he finally pressed his lips to mine and kissed me sweetly.

We've been dating for almost three months. I love him. It's true; I love Niall Horan.