Chapter 51- Wake Up

I’ve woken up only a few times during the past week.

The guys and Gaby have all come to talk to me while I’m here in the hospital.

I still can’t open my eyes or move much. But I hear them. They tell me how much they love me, they tell me about their day and how life isn’t the same without me at the house.

Today, I woke up to the sound of Liam’s voice. I didn’t even try opening my eyes anymore because it was too much work and I failed every time.

“Jasmine, I love you. I just wanted to let you know that. We all miss you at home. It’s really quiet without you there.” Liam said, quietly laughing.

I tried once more to open my eyes. Nothing would make me happier than to see the light of day and a familiar face.

Nothing.

But I wouldn't give up. I tried once more. My eyelids opened half way and a second later, opened fully. I was ecstatic! I would smile if I had the strength to.

“Jasmine,” Liam started. He came in for a huge hug and I lay there like a statue. I still couldn’t move much but I tried talking.

“Li, I missed you.” I said, straining to talk. My voice came out scratchy and barely audible.

It was enough to make him smile. “Jasmine! You-you can talk!"

I slowly nodded my head, still having troubles. I saw him reach into his pocket and dial a number into his phone.

“Louis! Get over here; Jasmine opened her eyes and she’s talking!” he hung up the phone. “Jasmine, they’ll be here soon. They’re in the waiting room, so they'll be up soon."

Gaby, Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Niall then came in. Niall was dragging behind and looking at the ground.

“Jasmine?” Gaby asked, coming towards me.

I nodded softly.

Tears formed in her eyes. “Jasmine, I’m so glad you’re ok.” She stated, hugging me.

“Me too,” I whispered. I tried moving a little bit. I was able to move my neck enough to look and observe the room I was in.

It was painted light pink and had pictures of sailboats in the ocean. There were dozens of gift baskets, flowers, stuffed animals, and other presents surrounding my bed. There was one gift that caught my eye; a gigantic stuffed bear about as tall as me- if not, taller- with a three leaf clover on its foot. I automatically knew that this present was from Niall. Maybe he was telling the truth when he said he would always love me, but now, maybe he only loved me as a friend and nothing more.

Niall came closer to me and leaned in to kiss my forehead. He pulled away.

“Hey guys can Jasmine and I have a minute to talk?” He asked.

I wondered what he wanted to talk about.

Liam looked at me with worried eyes.

“It’s fine, can you guys give us a second?” I asked quietly.

They all nodded, hesitating to leave the room.

When the room was clear, Niall sat down in a chair next to my hospital bed and cleared his throat. “Jasmine, I’m so sorry. It’s my fault you’re in here, and I know you chose Liam but if he ever hurts you, I’ll be waiting for you.” He said in a rush.

This is not what I expected him to say at all. “It’s not your fault, Niall. And I highly doubt he’d ever hurt me. Liam's not like that.” Then again, I also thought Niall wasn't like that, but look how that relationship ended.

“But if he ever does hurt you, I'll be there, waiting. My world is empty without you.”

“If I did go back to you, it’s another heartbreak waiting to happen. I’d hoped you wouldn’t hurt me again, but you let me down.”

“I know. I’m so sorry. I was drunk and Cheryl came on to me.” he argues.

“Even if you were drunk, you should be able to control yourself. Harry was drunk as a skunk, but he didn’t cheat on Gaby.”

There was a knock on the door.

A nurse came in. “Am I interrupting something?” she asked.

“Not at all.” I answered. I looked at Niall and saw tears forming in his eyes.

“Well, the doctor says you can leave in a few days, depending on how well you move and feel. Should we try walking?”

I nodded.

I moved my wrists around, getting my blood circulating. Then, I pushed away my blanket and hung my legs off the bed. I slowly got down, and tried walking. My legs were weak and my knees gave in as I fell, but Niall caught me in his arms.

This is gonna take some practice.