"Earth"

As the volcanic lands rage below the nebular sky, time moves. They find themselves amidst large volumes of a pure liquid. The first organisms creeping into the environment, time moves. Building up into more complex organisms as the environment becomes colder; extreme hot to extreme cold. Places the current beings could hardly survive in.

The sight is pretty.

And eventually the life only grows. From mere biological processes to free movements, emotions and sentience. Did those microorganisms have souls, though? I do not know, but they were not Sentient.

Insects? Plants? Animals? Human Beings?

I do not know, but they are Sentient by all Scientific means.

Perhaps they misunderstand the term 'soul'. Perhaps there is no meaning. Perhaps there is no meaning in anything. Animals would continue with life, certainly. With humans and their thoughts... would you continue on? If you knew value was nothing but a lie?

How did everything come to be? No one knows, but you seek. May that be pertaining to history, you all as a species, your minds, the universe around you. You seek answers to many questions even as you imagine stories, create them or anything, really.

You would still continue because you are beings of belief and you would refuse to believe that notion, or find something else. You would carry on with all that was set in your mind.

There is no meaning. You give meaning. That is why you are special. Yes, you have your flaws; vanity, aggression, fighting over trivial things, pondering over trivial things. But you can make what is trivial something more... meaningful.

Your brains evolve and you develop. The microorganisms affected the ecosystem. You do so more. You are a funny race, aiming for the future while attempting to return to the past. Oh, everyone is like that. They go full circle.

You're beginning to destroy Earth, but the planet feels nothing towards you. It physically replies for your own safety and you go back to the past for your own selfish reasons. That is okay.

That is very okay.

Live.

- - - - -

The Shadows are picking on from the living. Do they ask questions?

Why do they hunt? Oh, they must consume in order to survive. They must drink the water. They must eat those animals. They must function.

Their sources of energy. So unlike ours.

They see, hear, taste, smell and feel. Limited perception that causes more divergent perception. So unlike ours.

But I see what changes in the future and, it has absolutely no meaning. Perhaps simple thermodynamics, except... it is far from simple.

I've seen it all... Earth growing into this planet. Evolving due to the arrow of time, the increasing entropy gathering more and more information. So many different things; beings and phenomenon and physical forms and auras.

Until they came. The humans.

Other animals did not possess enough energy to influence the Shadow-Trappers as it never affected the Earth; the ecosystem was always balanced. However, when humans came, both information and nature went under many changes, differing frequencies.

Information is a part of the dimension. Nature is entangled with the dimension. Of course they changed. However...

Despite not living, Shadow-Trappers were never completely tied to the dimension. They're explorers, observers, overlooking their side of the energy of all universes. Living or not living they have some of this 'free will' too, and they will return.

They experience, too. Time passes for them.

Everyone eventually returns.