Chapter 32

Blanket.

Nagkonwari akong inaayos yung damit ni Denisse at binabalik sa pwesto yung mga yon.

"You must sleep. Aalis tayo ng mga seven." I sat on my bed and looked at her.

"Matutulog nalang ako sa eroplano." Napatawa siya sa sinabi ko.

"I bet you'll sleep on Kayden's shoulder." I bit my lip at biglang kinilig. Na-imagine ko yung pangyayaring iyon nang maalala ko yung picture na nakita ko kanina.

"How was married life?" I saw her suddenly freezing on her spot as she placed her hands on her lap, slightly brushing it off.

She shrugged. "Happy. But when bills came in, shit happens. I wasn't a scientist back then and worked in a bank company. He wasn't a doc-" she stopped and looked at me.

"He wasn't a what?" Naguguluhan kong tanong.

"He wasn't into being doctor." Pagtutuloy niya.

"And... what's the problem of him not being it?"

Instead of answering me, she sighed and zipped her luggage in order to place it beneath her bed. "Let's just sleep." she said and laid down, closing her eyes while her hands where on her tummy.

"Okay." I nodded. Maybe she didn't want to talk about this.

I suddenly looked at my watch and decided to take it off. "Here." I said, handling it to her.

"Para san?" Tanong niya.

I shrugged. "Keep it for me." I answered.

She nodded as a response. "Okay."

***

I woke up when Denisse shaked my shoulders and tickled my sides. Bigla akong napabangon sa ginawa niya. She really seemed like a mom and I bet that she's even doing this to her child.

"I am not your freaking daughter." I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Well, it worked." She shrugged. "Bumangon ka na jan, maghalf-bath ka nalang tapos aalis na tayo." I nodded at her.

She definitely sounds like a mom. Bigla akong kinilig nang maimagine kung naging tatay si Kayden. Ganon parin kaya itsura niya? May balbas ba siya? Mukha ba siyang hot daddy sa isang movie? Something like step up or fifty shades-

Okay I'm just gonna stop fantasizing what he looks like when he's old.

Bumangon ako at kinuha yung twalya ko. I tied my hair up and decided to take a half bath since the air was literally freezing. The fact that there was no heater in here makes it more difficult. Tabo lang at timba yung meron dito. It was an old deck. Hindi ko nga alam kung saan nila nakuha ito.

Binuhusan ko agad yung katawan ko ng malamig na tubig at napasigaw sa lamig. Narinig kong napatawa si Denisse sa sinabi ko.

"Ikaw kaya maligo dito! Ang lamig-lamig!"

"You could've just boiled water at nilagay yun sa timba." I heard her say.

Napabuntong-hininga ako. Why didn't I think of that?