Chapter 3

Behind.

Feelings are one of a kind sometimes. One day you had this 'I don't know what to do, I don't what to say' kind and the next day you realized you were crazy. Well not that crazy, maybe the kind of feeling that makes you smile whenever you remember it. Then your fingers will slightly glide on your hair as it passes in between of it. Leaving you smiling after remembering those feelings that were once new to you.

I was innocent, yes. That's why I pushed myself to the greatest level para lang sulitin iyong nararamdaman ko. Diba ganon naman yung iba? Pinaglalaban nila ang nararamdaman nila para lang doon? Pero ngayon, it wasn't the two of us. I was on my own.

As I opened the gate, nakakita ako ng pamilyar na likod ng isang tao. I breathed in and out and decided to greet him. Sinubukan ko ding kapalan iyong mukha ko para naman magkaroon ako ng confidence sa sarili ko. One example? Self support. "Hi." No. That wasn't supposed to come out!

He suddenly looked at me and nodded. See? He always does that!

"Uhm. Wala bang good-morning dyan?" Tanong ko. He wore his usual blue face where you thought he was sad and all.

"Morning." He suddenly said that made my heart beat so rapidly fast. Okay what's going on?

Well first of all, that was the first word that came out from his mouth when I talked to him. Unfortunately, It didn't happened again even after that scenery while at the rooftop thingy. I started to feel comfortable with his presence around even if he was standing outside his house. A car was right in front of him. Sa totoo lang, wala talaga ako sundo ngayon dahil usually nagco-commute nalang ako.

Nagsimula akong humakbang papalapit sa kanya. "May sundo ka?" Napatingin siya sakin na may halong gulat. "Ang bilis ko ano? Nandito na agad ako." His face was blank.

No emotions.

No smiles.

No hidden chuckles.

Yeah. Just guy wearing headphones with a plain face.

"You're Catty right?" He said. Parang biglang kuminang yung mga mata ko bigla. I suddenly saw rainbows and fireworks in the sky. God. What the hell was I thinking?

"Yup." My lips formed a small smile. But deep inside, the smile I'm wearing right now was smaller than the real smile I want to show.

"Brett talks a lot about you." My smile faded. I thought it was something else.

"Like what?" I asked. At least I can make a topic, right? Kahit tungkol sakin okay lang basta makausap ko lang siya.

"That you're that annoying girl who's best friends with Denisse." Really Brett? That was the most beautiful thing I have heard from you.

"I'll kill him later. You'll see." Nangigigil kong sabi but I heard him chuckled as he gave a wide grin.

Wait wait. He let out a chuckle? I swear I was in heaven just a minute ago. He was like the Greek God just now! The hot kind of one!

"Oh my God you're laughing!" Damn. I just said that out loud.

Kayden's face turned into a grim as he stood straight. "You better go." He said.

One moment he was friendly, the next moment he was cold ang peg?

"Nope. I won't-"

"Okay. Let's get you to school." A middle aged woman appeared by their gate as she took a glance at me. She looked at my whole body structure. From head to toe I mean.

"Oh! Who's this?" She gasped. Ganon ba talaga nakakagulat yung itsura ko? I'm not that pretty and the 'goddess' like but, it doesn't mean that I'm ugly.

"I'm Catty, schoolmate po ni Kayden." I smiled and let out a hand.

She accepted my hand and shook it. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Hailey."

"Ganon din po sainyo." I saw that in my peripheral vision that Kayden was looking at something else. And this was the time where I concluded that the woman in front of me was his mom. It's clearly obvious.

"Why don't you come with us? Sabay na kayo pumasok tutal magkaschoolmate naman kayo diba?"

"Mom-" Kayden interrupted but his mom cut him off.

"Tara?" His mother looked at me straightly. It was as if she never blinked. But I thought of it first, makakasabay ko papuntang school si Kayden! Minsan na nga lang mangyari to kaya why not take the chance and not do that again? Wala namang masama kung sumabay ako diba? And if ever, this will be the first and the last time of all.

I know that this doesn't really happens to others pero, hindi porque wala ako sa teleserye ay wala ng ganitong nangyayari. There are times that happen so unexpectedly.

"Okay po." I nodded.

This is going to be a long ride, I think.

***

As soon as we got out of the car, Kayden's mom started to drive away. She said that she only had ten minutes left bago pumasok sa opisina.

She was kind, even though she seemed like interviewing us every. single. minute. Yeah you read that right.

"Ang cute ng nanay mo." I told him. I was walking with him but I made sure that there's a long distance between us.

He didn't looked back nor answered. Ang sungit talaga.

"Nanay mo naman yon diba?" Tanong ko. "Okay. Nakagawa naman na ako ng conclusion sa utak ko e." Sabi ko nung hindi siya sumagot.

I stopped on my tracks when I saw the familiar classroom nearby. Unting lakad at hakbang makakarating na ako sa classroom ko. I started to walk fast compared to him until he was already behind my back while I was about to enter class. If he didn't mutter a word.

I suddenly felt my heart palpitating. It was like every second, my heart did two pumps at a time. I didn't even feel my windpipe loading up making it harder for me to breathe.

It was all the way it is.

He behind my back.

My heart beating so rapidly fast while smiling.

And when he said. "See you later."

How was it? Was it too serious? I can't make it too funny though because... I just can't ^-^
And well, don't forget to hit the ⭐️ button and comment down below your reviews.