Chapter 13 - Field Trip

Start from the beginning

My heart flutters and I smile, remembering back to that night, "We had talked about it before, saying that we didn't want to do it until it felt right for the both of us. And that we didn't want to pressure the other before they were ready. But it was the night after his party and I snuck him into my room."

"Oh my god." She whispers and I blush harder, "I bought some lingerie, nothing fancy just a bra and underwear set and I was wearing it under the robe. Anyway I told him I was ready and asked him if he was too. And then it happened."

"What was it like?" She asks and I think for a moment, "It's hard to explain. It hurt, but he was so gentle and sweet with me that the pain sort of disappeared. It was just magical, and felt so perfect."

"Please tell me he wore protection." She states and I roll my eyes, "Yes MJ, I bought condoms when I got the lingerie."

She looks at me for a long time wth amazement, shaking her head, "I can't believe it. I'm happy for you guys, but it just seems so crazy and grown up."

"I know." I whisper and she raises an eyebrow, "Do you feel different?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I mean, a little. The thing that feels different is the closeness between Peter and I. It's like we became more in sync, closer in so many ways. And it kinda feels like I've been let in on this secret that everyone else who has had sex knows. I couldn't ever have imagined it being the way it was. Like even though it wasn't the most pleasurable thing in the world, it was still really incredible to bond with him like that."

"Wow." She whispers before murmuring, "So who knows?"

"Just you, because you're my best friend and I wanted you to be the first to know." I state and she smiles, raising a hand to heart as she feels touched.

I chuckle before drawing my eyebrows together, "I don't think Peter has talked to Ned about it, but I'm not too sure. And there's no way in the world I would tell Mark and Vanessa. They wouldn't let me see Peter again, even though I'm turning fifteen next month and can make my own choices."

"Well, I'm honoured that you chose me to be the first person you told." She states and I smile at her, "There's no one else I'd rather choose."

She smiles before leaning her head down and resting it on my shoulder. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I didn't know how this conversation was going to go, but I don't think it could have gone any better. MJ has always been supportive through everything with me, so I know she was going to support this choice. I can tell her anything, well... There's one thing I can't tell her. But I know I'm so blessed to have a best friend like her, and I never want to lose her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter and I sit together on the bus, MJ and Ned in front of us. MJ has her head phones in, music blaring in her ears, same as Ned. Peter leans forward in the seat, his arm resting in the back of their chair with his hand intertwined with mine. I scroll through my phone, when the hairs on my arm stand up as a bad feeling comes over me. My eyes turn towards Peter and I see the same look in his eye, his spidey-sense kicking in.

We both turn and look out the window across the bridge, seeing the circular space ship makes its way into the middle of the city. My heart sinks and I turn and exchange a look with Peter, the both of us silently communicating that we need to get there.

Peter reaches forward, his eyes looking back at the ship, as he begins tapping Ned's face. Ned waves him off and he pulls out his head phones as Peter whispers, "Hey Ned, we need you to cause a distraction."

Ned looks out the window, his eyes widening at the sight before us, "Holy shit."

He rises to his feet and cries out, "We're all gonna die! There's a spaceship."

MJ looks up and rushes to the back of the bus with Ned to look at it. One of our  classmates cries out, "Oh my god, what's going on?"

Peter puts on his web shooters and shoots a web, opening the emergency exit. The two of us rush over and climb out the window, onto the side of the bus. Peter puts on his mask, webbing his bag to from the seat towards us. I climb onto his back and he swings us across the bridge.

As we swing along, I open up my shirt and press the button on my chest. The nano tech that Tony and I have been working on comes into effect. Like little insects, my suit joins together and covers my whole body. I turn on my boosters and yell out to Peter, "Hold on!"

He stops swinging and grabs onto me and we fly along, him pulling off his clothes to reveal his suit underneath. We fly through the air and I talk, "Friday, tell me where that ship is."

"The ship is in Granwich Village, Mr Stark is there as we speak." She informs me and I fly through the city streets towards the park where Friday has him located. As we approach, we see Tony getting thrown around by a giant, alien looking creature. I fly over head and Peter drops down and stops the two story tall figure from punching Tony into the Earth.

"Hey man." Peter calls out to the monster before looking over his shoulder towards Tony in his iron man suit, "What's up Mr Stark?"

"Kid, where did you come from?" Tony calls out as I land on the ground beside him and help him up, "A field trip to MoMA."

The creature grabs Peter and throws him away, urging me to use my blaster on him. The creature comes for me and I fly into the sky as Pete voice comes over the intercom, "What is this guys problem, Mr Stark?"

Tony and I shoot at the monster as Peter tries to web it, "He's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard."

"Oh yeah-" Peter begins before he is grabbed by the monster and thrown away. The creature grabs a car and tosses it at me, but Peter catches it with his web and throws it back at him. I fly up and punch the monster, him stumbling back as Tony shoots at him.

It tries to swipe at me, I fly out of its reach and shoot at the back of its knees. It stumbles to the ground and I punch it in the face, Tony blasting it from up above as Peter tries to web it down.

A figure flies past my head as I fly in the sky and Tony calls out, "Kids, that's the wizard. Get on it."

Peter swings after the figure and I fly after it, me catching his web and him hanging on as we go. Another weathered looking creature floats through the air on rocks, using telekinesis powers to go after the 'wizard'. It turns back and looks at us, and he uses his power to hit Peter with a billboard. I gasp and look back, but relax when I see him swinging back after us.

Turning forward, I shoot my blaster at the man, to which he proceeds to throw a car at me. I barely dodge it in time and turn to see Peter catch the wizard with his web. A beam of light appears from the ship up above and Peter grabs onto a light post, holding on for his life to keep the wizard from flying upwards.

I speed forward and grab onto the web, pulling back with the combined strength of the suit and Peter's power. But the force of the beam is too strong and post gives way. It reefs us up and Peter yells over the intercoms, "Uh Mr Stark, we're being beamed up."

We float up into the air, going higher and higher up into the atmosphere. I can feel myself getting light headed and Peter gasps for air from beside me. We both won't make it if we keep going, so I make a difficult decision.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"What-" He asks in confusion as I turn the finger of my suit into a knife, cutting his web away from me. He falls back and screams out for me as I go zooming up into the space ship.

I reach the mouth of the ship and the creature from before wraps pieces of metal around me, crushing me under their weight. I cry out in pain as the doors shut from behind.

The creature leads us forward and I take in the wizard that Tony sent us after. But I recognise him instantly, because he is the man who gave me back my ability to walk. What the hell is he doing here? And where the hell are we going?