Luke || Rebekka

you stood back looking at the beautiful tree you and Luke have placed together. you were shocked with his random and over placing of ornaments that the tree would actually turn out looking better then you thought or imagined.

he was still placed by the tree as he was fumbling with getting the lights plugged in. you loved him but it took him forever to figure out the simplest job.

"babe do you need help."

you heard Luke groan. "no I got it." he began to mumble to himself.

after a few more minutes the tree lot up as Luke soon was stood beside you. you were thrilled on how beautiful it looked as was excited to be spending Christmas with the guy you love. he placed his arm across your shoulders as he kissed your forehead.

he stayed focused on the tree as you did to. all the ornaments were from his childhood and some from yours. it brought a mixture of your life with his.

"it's messed up over there. I'll fix that real quick." you grabbed Luke by his shoulder stopped his movements.

"if you touch that tree, out luck it will fall. Luke it's fine." he nodded knowing you were right and you both knew you couldn't find another tree the day before Christmas Eve.

he always mean ruined how he loved placing the tree up before Christmas Eve. and how he always spent the day with family enjoying their company. you didn't want to argue with him or protest a further date to place the tree up. he was happy then a child when it came to the holidays and you didn't want to spoil his fun.

----

Christmas Eve was more stressful then you thought. you have dealt with simpler times but this being at Luke and your apartment made everything worse. you had to make sure that what you did kept everyone happy. being with family was an honor and you loved them all. but in spilt moments you felt you were behind their laughter.

"babe?" you jumped being startled by Luke's presence as he moved closer to you.

you moved yourself to the kitchen to get everything ready for tomorrow as you knew the dinner was on you this year. so much stress.

"Luke don't walk up one like that." you placed the knife down as you tried to contain your last bit of strength, not wanting to blow up from all this stress. he placed his arms around your waist as he kissed your cheek.

"sorry. we are all going out to get a few last minute gifts. you coming?"

you shook your head. not wanting to be confined in the group any longer.

"come on...please."

you finally gave in. as you knew he would make you cave. everyone headed to their cars as you and Luke were thankfully alone.

"you are so stressed." he spoke placing his hand on your thigh.

"obviously. your whole family is driving me a little up the wall here. I have so much to do and I have to do it all the way they want me too."

"Rebekka calm down. you have been with me what four years now. I think you can handle my family. whatever you make will be fine. okay." he looked to you as you nodded knowing he was right.

but that didn't stop you from thinking about everything. you knew after this dinner tomorrow and gift giving you were going to be in the need of a vacation. as Luke pulled into a store parking lot you knew this was going to be dreadful.

after hitting all the stores needed Luke helped place the bags in the back of the car. you were completely exhausted but planning the dinner was going to keep you up. your foot nervously taped on the floorboards of the car as you were anxious to head home.