Luke || Memphis

(Tommy - 4, Titus - 1, Tatum - 2 months old)

Luke's POV.

"Mr. Hemmings, it seems your wife forgot to pick up Tommy today."
That had to be impossible. She never was late picking him up from school. She always was excited to hear about his day. I leaned back in the chair at the studio. Ashton and Michael are in some intense lyric writing and Calum is messing with random cords.

"I'll be there in five minutes." I hung up not knowing what the hell I was going to do with a four year old, while I'm in the studio.

"Mate, you alright?" Calum spoke up grabbing everyone else's attention.

"Memphis forgot to pick up Tommy, so I have to leave." Standing up I grabbed my stuff before heading towards the door.

"You can bring him back here. I haven't seen that little guy in a long time." I nodded to Michael's comment before leaving.

Sitting in my car I couldn't wrap my mind around why she forgot or what happened. This morning everything was normal or it felt like it was. I got up made sure Tommy was off to school. Already had Titus and Tatum ready for daycare. But her posture this morning was off. Her look was distant.

I left after making sure I had everything. She didn't smile or return my simple I love you. I just thought she was having a bad day but by the look of my son's tear stained cheeks she wasn't having just a bad day. He clung to me as I talked to his teacher. She also had a feeling something was up. I thanked her for her call and staying with him until I arrived.

His hand was tightly held in mine as he rubbed his eyes. "Mommy hates me." His voice sounded so broken.

"No Tommy, she loves you. She probably got really busy." This wasn't just reassurance for him but let along myself.

The ride to the studio was quiet. I was thankful for it, because I sure didn't have any answer for questions. The guys were standing outside the studio. Tommy seemed to get excited at just the sight of them. Ashton was the first one to open the car door. His smile was as wide as Tommy's.

I got out knowing the guys will have full control over as we finish our time. I decided since they have him occupied I'm going to try and figure out where she was. I was never the kind of guy to look up on everything she does but this was a serious matter.

"Mr. Hemmings I'm sorry, Memphis never showed up for work this morning."

"Mr. Hemmings. I'm sorry I haven't seen her. She canceled out lunch plans this morning."

Hanging up my phone I had a small feeling she left. That she was gone and I couldn't do anything. I was helpless. Like a lost puppy. Nothing to do, I'm stuck in the situation. I toss my phone to the ground as I fall the floor. This can be happening. Placing my head in my hands I can't help but cry.

I hear muffled sounds and footsteps. The feeling of a hand on my back startled me. I look up and notice Calum and Ashton. They give me warm smiles as I shake my head knowing what has happened I can't be happy anymore.
"She left. No one has seen her. She is gone." Speaking these words out loud I looked down.

she was gone. I bet just the idea that everything in the house was gone and there was no sign she has ever been there. how could she do this to me, but not just me but our kids. I don't even know how I would express to the children that there mother has left. Tatum was just two months old I don't think I could be a mother to him that he surely needed at this age.

Ashton spoke up deciding he would go get Titus and Tatum. I don't move from my position knowing that I couldn't get a full mind around any of this. the sound of my sons laughter makes me look up. Michael had his hand clasped around Tommy's as the walked towards where Calum and I were placed.

"daddy, why you crying?" I shook my head as I plastered a fake smile as I pulled my son to sit on my lap. I held him tightly not wanting to let him go.

"Tommy you daddy loves you right?" he nodded. I didn't say anything else as I kissed his forehead.

my world was coming down and I didn't know what to do. I had to stay strong for my boys but with the idea of the love if my life leaving us behind makes me weak and my heart hurt.

I finally moved from the the floor as we decided to finish up our studio time. Tatum stayed asleep as Titus was being fussy. i watched as the guys finished up. I tried to keep my composure as Tommy kept asking if mommy was going to be home.

the boys insisted of staying over tonight. they said it was for the kids but I knew they were worried about me. placing the boys in bed I headed back to the living room.

"so she's gone?" Michael asked.

"yep. what am I going to do. I can't be a single parent with the tours and interviews. I can't bringing them through that."

"Luke, don't doubt yourself. we will help with the boys. Memphis left, but you know what fuck her. these kids are your life and you need to be the strong person they need." Ashton's words shocked me.

"you'll help?" I question with hope.

"defiantly"

"absolutely"

"why not"

I smiled at my best friends before talking about everything besides of what was really going though my mind. I was going to be lost without her, I know that much. but I need to be strong for my boys and raise them the best I can. and I know my best friends will always be willing to help.