Luke || Kat

The faces in this city seem like walls to me, I'm becoming claustrophobic, it's so hard to breathe.

The more and more he stood there watching her vanish behind the walls of people, made him realize that she was gone.  There was nothing he could do to bring her back, she had left him alone with nothing but their memories.  He wanted to so badly to run after her but the people that surrounded him were too thick, thick as if they were forming a wall.  Stopping him for getting what he needs to be happy, what he needs to go on with his life. 

There was so much that he wanted to do with her, he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life.  He wanted nothing more than to spend every winking moment with her in his arms, but here he was with nothing. His heart felt like it was slowing falling, there so much pain that he couldn't help but feel.  Every memory that he had with her was so playing through his mind. The only thing that he wished from now was amnesia.

I can't find the right words or the right melodies, to keep your demons calm and to keep you listening.

No matter how hard he tried, that battle could never be won. Everything was already set to fail. No matter if things seemed to be heading in the direction they both desired, it would not be there for long.  Her demons were to strong to keep her happiness at bay, they were too strong for him to fight off.  No matter how much she told him she can't fight her demons, he would finish her sentence stating they know how to swim.  That was the warning she would always give him before she hit rock bottom. 

Not even the melodies he would sing or the words he would speak, could warn them off. She was a sinking ship and he wasn't letting her sink alone.  He can't help but recall the nights his arms were wrapped around her as she sobbed.  Or the nights he stopped her from doing something that would take her from him. Even though he wishes this moment was something that could easily be fixed with "I'm here for you, i will never leave you".  He never figured she would be the one to leave him.  He wasn't able to keep her demons at bay, or even grab their attention long enough to see that this fight between her and them were over.  They gave up listening, as she gave up wanting to fight. 

Bottle in my hand and your scratches on my skin,  i told you that i wouldn't let this happen again.

He took another drink wanting to wash away the thought of their last night together, he knew that her marks were still on his skin. Just like no matter how much he drank the taste of her was still on his tongue.  It was soon becoming too much for him, everything that his eyes focused on lead to more thoughts of her.  His back stayed pressed against the wall of his empty apartment, there was no sound to be heard.

The silence itself was killing, he wasn't use to it.  He was use to hearing her voice raise higher as she would yell at him for doing something she didn't surely like. No matter the promises that left both their lips, what occurred then seemed to continue to occur no matter how hard her tried for the past not repeat itself.  But here he was reliving the past and heading into the future alone.  It happened again and this time it seemed that it had happened for good; this time. 

I destroyed us both, you can blame it on my past, Did you really think that we could ever last?

He's a hazard to himself and everyone around him, that has to be the only reason. The only reason that everyone he loved and adored vanished after so long.  His past, the pat where he was left to live like something he swore he would never live like again.  He was bad, a bad person to be around and bringing her into that was the thing he regretted the most.  He created her demons, he exposed her to a life style that would change her for the worse. That life was his past, but yet his future was smothered in it. 

Thinking of all his mistakes as well as everything he had been through, did he really think they could ever last? No matter how much he placed his love in the relationship the only love she had was for the thing that soon will kill her.  His love was taken from him by a load of money and a small pouch.  Now his love will be submerged in alcohol. As there is nothing on this earth that he believes could make him feel the way she did.  All he knows is that one day they will meet again when the thing she loves the most takes her away, as he will soon take himself away from the hell he lived without the thing he loved them most. 

Authors Note:

Lyrics by my friend Noah, you guys should totally check out his music. http://www.soundcloud.com/laughwhileyoucan