Calum || Leann

He was calm, more calm than you expected him to be. His laugh filled the room as he played cars with your little brother. His smile showed no sign of fear or nervousness, but you knew that you had enough for the both of you. This was the first moment that he was meeting your parents. You had given him a strict warning on how your parents were, making sure that he watched his tone when answering whatever absurd questions, they were going to ask. In which he reassured you to not worry that things will be fine. But you couldn't help but worry, your father was over protective and you knew that he wouldn't waste anytime asking if you guys were having sex. Which was something you surely didn't want to talk about with your parents at the dinner table.

You continued to stand there watching your little brother and Calum. This was the calm before the storm, as your mother's voice called for everyone to enter the dining room you knew that this was it the storm was finally approaching and there is no use in running now. Calum gave your brother a piggy back ride as he entered the small dining room, you followed closely behind. As you made eye contact with your father your heart sank. He looked at you unpleased and you had no idea why, nothing has been said yet. As everyone took their seats you made sure not to make eye contact with anyone. You slightly hoped that there would be just silence and the night would be over quickly.

You were kicking yourself, not really but mentally. You had kept your relationship a secret from them for over a year. You wished you could go back and not let it slip that you were dating someone. The look of shock and anger on their faces still haunts you. So maybe that is why your father was angry, he now sees what you were hiding, and believes some ridiculous assumption that he has made up in his own mind.

"So Calum is it?" His stern voice spoke as you gulped. It has officially started.

"Yes sir." Calum responded making sure to make eye contact with your father.

Everyone continued to eat as there was nothing else asked. Your mom tried asking something to keep the small talk going but your father had given her a look to make sure she says nothing. As if they had composed a game plan, ahead of time. As your little brother, had declared he was finished, it was time that he soon ran upstairs. Now you knew things were going to get a little more interesting, nothing was on the PG level anymore.

"So how did you guys meet?" Oh shit...

"Well Sir, I am a senior and I met your daughter – "

He was cut off by your father placing his silverware down and crossing his arms as he leaned back into his chair.

"So, let me get this straight you are older than my daughter, and you decided to get with her and not someone your own age?"

Calum nodded "Well may I explain- "

"No, because I know why you got with her."

"You do?" You spoke up, scarred at what your father assumed that to be.

"Yes, he got with you because he knew that he could get you do whatever he wanted because you are not as experienced as him."

Your mother scolded your father for his words, you gasped. Does he think Calum has tried taking advantage of you? Because if so he was beyond wrong. You glanced to Calum as he was more shocked than you. He has already labeled him to be something without getting to know him.

"Am I wrong?" Your father raised an eyebrow looking at your now shocked boyfriend. You slightly begged Calum not to make a scene. But it was too late.

"Yes, sir you are, I got with your daughter because she was interesting. Beautiful and I really enjoyed being around her. I would never get with someone because I could persuade them into things I wanted, or ever take advantage of them. Because that is not the guy I am" Calum rose from his seat as he kept his eyes locked onto your father. "And I am highly offended that you would assume that of me, without getting to know me. Now if you excuse me I'm going to head home before I say something that will ruin what I have with Leann. Have a goodnight."

With that he was gone, he had left you and your parents speechless. A small smile had spread across your face. You proud of him for keeping his cool. But your smile was soon erased from your face.

"Leann, you will not see that boy again, do you hear me?"

"But...- "

"Don't you defy my wishes. No head up to your room."

You wanted to stand up for yourself the way Calum did for himself but you couldn't because you knew no matter what you would have said he had already made up his mind.

***

Days passed and you ignored all messages from Calum, no matter how frantic they got. You couldn't bare to tell him what your farther had instructed. He would be more devastated than anything. You sulked in your room after school every weekday, you never left your room in the weekends. There was nothing else for you to do with your time. As the person, you enjoyed spending time with, you weren't allowed to see anymore.

"Leann please come down here." Your father's voice echoed throughout the house.

You didn't know what he wanted but you knew that if you didn't proceed down now he would be rushing up the stairs to question why you disobeyed him. As you left your room and headed down you saw a familiar face. He just smiled at you, you noticed that he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

"What is going on?" You asked looking at your dad confused.

"Honey, I never seen you so upset when I asked you not to see this boy anymore. I didn't know he meant that much to you. And he came by everyday making sure you were okay. I never noticed how much he cared for you. I sat with him the other day and I got to know him. My assumption was wrong, and I want you to be happy. And I know you were the happiest when you were with him – "

You don't even let him finish his apology as you hug him. He hugged you back as he kissed the top of your head.

"No go on and enjoy your date with Calum."

You move away from you father, you nod before turning to your smiling boyfriend. He kisses you on the cheek before handing you the bouquet. You blush smiling, "Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yes."

As you leave the house Calum looks to you smirking. You were unsure on what he was thinking. "I told you there was nothing to worry about."