Michael || Alexis

A L E X I S

Here I was scrubbing clumpy mashed potatoes off the cafeteria wall. This was surely not how I wanted to spend my Friday evening. But, sadly, I had no choice. I look over to the reason I am here doing this. He surely didn't want to be here as much as I did but that didn't stop me from working my ass off in hopes of getting out of here early. A girl can only hope. Kicking against something I would hope was some type of stale bread, he did nothing. I can't believe Michael Clifford had not just done the heroic thing and taken all the blame, no he had decided to pull me under the bus as well. 

Saying I loathed him was an understatement. But he was oddly one of Calum's best friends. I had to be respectful towards him at least until my best friend moved onto the next guy who showed a little bit of interest in her. I was praying it would happen sooner than later. I wish I could just like reverse the day and avoid their odd little table at lunch. But nope, I was in my own personal hell with just the call of my name.

***

"Alexis, over here!" Mallory had decided to yell from across the cafeteria. 

Why say yell? She literally stood up on the bench, waved her arms like a wild woman -in hopes to get my attention- while also yelling my name. If I had avoided her I would have looked like the biggest bitch in school. I surely wasn't ready to deal with that again. You reject one horny football player and the whole school hates you. 

Entering the hazard zone, I had to mutter a quick -yet quiet- hello to everyone while avoiding eye contact. If these people had not gathered I hated them yet, they surely were not the brightest bulb in the box. Like I had predicted all along.

"Alexis do you want to go to the mall after school?" Mallory asked.

She made sure to give me the wide-eyed look that she knew would sucker me into it no matter if I wanted to go or not. She was my best friend after all. So I let out a not so happy 'sure.'  Then his annoying ass voice popped up. 

"If you don't want to go then don't go.  Simple."  He didn't even look up at me as his fork twirled around in his mashed potatoes. 

"I said I would," I snapped back.

"No, you said sure like it is going to be torture." 

Scoffing, "Well sitting near you is torture enough." 

His eyes looked into mine.  His stare was empty as his expression was blank.  Then the evil smirk appeared.  Before I knew it his finger had dipped into my potatoes and were soon were smeared across my cheek. A small gasp left my lips as everyone at the table looked at me.  Not even thinking I grabbed his chocolate milk and, did the most tv show thing, quickly poured it over his head.  A fight of the foods started as he surely wasn't having his hair be ruined or something stupid like that.  I could only assume. 

***

"Can you move?" I snap out of my thoughts. 

"Can you ask nicely?" 

Rolling his eyes Michael slightly pushed me out of the way to grab one of the water bottles Principal Carr brought us. 

"That is the reason we are in this mess," I mutter under my breath.  Slightly hoping he heard me. 

Micahel began to laugh, laugh the most psychotic laughs I have ever heard in person.  This proved my point that he was crazy.  

Calming down from his fit he stated: "No you acting like you are better than everyone got us into this." 

How dare he?  He doesn't even know the first thing about me.  There is no reason for him to make some rude, nonrealistic assumption about me.  I don't think I am better than everyone but I know deep in my heart that Mallory can do better than one of his friends.  No offense to Calum, of course. 

"Whatever." 

"It's true," he stepped closer to me. "You think you are better than everyone.  Hell, you think you are better than me." 

His breath was fanning my face as he was way closer than I had ever wanted to be to him.  But some part of me -a tiny part- wanted him to move closer, close the distance.  

"Maybe someone needs to knock you off your high horse..." 

Michael moved to whisper in my ear.  As the words left his mouth a shiver went down my spine. The sentence kept playing over and over in my head.  Did Michael Clifford really just say to me: "Or you just need a good fuck."