Luke || Alexis

your daughter was fussy. no matter what you said she would cross her arms over her little chest and sternly say no. you don't understand what has gotten into her lately. you thought mentioning Luke's name would of had her jumping for joy to leave and go meet up with him for dinner. but after mentioning his name her nature changed. she demanded and refused to moved from the spot she was currently standing in.

"Jessie, it's your father's birthday. you should be thrilled to go see him."

"no mommy I do not want to see him, go wid out me." she spoke as she looked away from you.

"fine I guess I'll eat their delicious cookies by myself." You stated smirking to myself as her head turned looking back towards you.

her arms dropped from her across her chest. "cookies?"

You nodded. "many, many kinda of cookies."

"okay I'll go but not for him, but for cookies."

she walked out of the kitchen as you heard her voice yell to you asking if your coming. you are surely stepping your foot down on Michael babysitting her ever again.

getting in the car she was still pouty. there was something going on in that brain of hers and you wanted to know what it was. she never was cold to anyone besides a kid in class she talks about who takes her stuff from her.

she looked at you one day and swore to you that being four was so hard. you didn't laugh but awed at her cuteness. Luke on the other hand laughed and made sure to tell the guys as well as tweeting about it.

but after that day she only sulked for a day before she came to him begging for him to play dress up with her. you watched as she walked slightly ahead of you, entering the restaurant you spoked the boys. Luke's smile grew as noticed you two walking closer to the table. he stoop up hoping to see his daughter run towards him in a happy manner but instead she walked passed him. he looked to you a little confused, tonight was going to be a long night.

"what's wrong with Jessie?" he questioned after kissing your cheek.

"I don't know. she's been fussy since I mentioned we were meeting you for dinner."

Luke looked shocked as he looked from you to the table were Jessie was sitting next to Michael as she giggled. "don't worry about it okay. she'll be fine." you softly spoke to him before heading towards the table.

all the guys greeted you. you spoke a quiet hello before sitting next to the chair Luke was sitting at. the dinner went by quickly. Luke couldnt help but smile as everyone wished him a happy birthday.

"any plans for tonight?" Calum asked looking to you and Luke with a sly smirk.

"I was thinking of having a Disney movie marathon with Jessie." Luke spoke hoping to get a big reaction out of his daughter.

all he seemed to get was her shaking her head. "I don't want to watch movies wid you."

the whole table got silent as no one was expecting that reaction from her. you could tell luke was hurt. "jessie, it'll be fun. I'll join with you guys if you want."

"no mommy."

"okay it's getting late. thanks for everything guys." Luke spoke coldly as he got up from the table and walked off.

"we got the bill." Ashton spoke up as he gestured for you to get Jessie and follow after him.

grabbing Jessie's hand you walked her out in hopes to find her father somewhere. finding him standing beside your car made you sign with relief.

"you have some explaining to do when we get home." you spoke sternly to your daughter as she looked at you scared. "now get in he car."

she followed your orders as she scurried off to the car. as soon as her door shut you looked at Luke. "don't say anything Alexis, I just want to go home and forget about today. okay?"

nodding you handed him the keys before heading to the passenger side. the car ride was quiet as no one spoke a single word. you hated this, the cold attitude from you husband and the rude remarks coming from your daughter. it wasn't meant to be this way. and you knew it wouldn't stay this way any longer.

"living room. both of you." you spoke as soon as the car was parked in the drive way. you heard your daughter mutter a sly meanie under breath as she got out. Luke didn't say anything as he just slammed the car door and went inside.

entering the house you spotted Jessie sitting in her little chair as she's turned it so her back was to Luke.

"you two are acting so fussy. I want to know why. Jessie?" she shook her head.

"she's not going to talk Alexis. there is no point." Luke spoke as he crossed his arms across his chest and leaned back against the couch.

you gave him a stern look. "Jessie."

"daddy doesn't love me!" she yelled standing up and starring at him. "you leave me alone, I know I have mommy but she can't protect me from all da monsters under my bed."

your heart dropped as you watched your daughter's eyes become glossy. you were about to say something but Luke beat you to it.

"Jessie daddy loves you so much. and I'm sorry I'm not here as much as I should be, but I have a job to do. you don't know how much it pains me to leave you and your mom behind all the time. " you watched as Luke quickly wiped his eyes.

you watched as your daughter quickly ran to him as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. it was such a sweet moment. you soon placed your self beside him on the couch.

"I love you two so much." Luke spoke before placing a kiss on your daughters forehead before placing his lips quickly to yours.

"we love you too."

"so much."

"how about we finish off my birthday with a Disney marathon with my two girls huh?" Luke questioned.

"yay!"