Luke & Michael || Rachel

"This isn't fair!" You protest.

But with those cocky smiles that were plastered on their faces, you knew that they didn't care. Three against one was putting the odds way in their favor, even more as they knew you have never played before.  Standing with your arms crossed across your chest you wait for one to declare that you are right.  But as their hands clap in a high five as they run off to start the game you know that the bromance between them has blossomed, as well as there was no chance of turning back now. 

While you all got suited up, Michael and Luke stood whispering as they would take turns glancing your way before going further into their discussion.  That is it, they are planning to kill me.  The idea pops through your head, they wouldn't or would they?  

"Are you ready?"  They turn around to look at you. 

Gulping you shake your head. "Come on Rachel, it wouldn't be that bad." Luke walks over to you giving you a small smile.  It oddly eases your nerves. 

"We wouldn't destroy you that bad" Michael instructs with a chuckle.  

You knew him of all people wouldn't comfort you on your possible last day on Earth.  Michael walks off smiling as Luke follows behind him taking a short glance back at you.  At least he cares, thank goodness for his sympathy.  Entering the playing area your grip on the gun tightens.  You were right behind them but they ran off vanishing from your sight.  Walking around you hold the gun shakingly waiting for something make any type of movement.  At this moment alone you have never related to a girl in a horror movie so much.  Hearing someone run by followed by a giggle.  Whipping around you are faced with slight darkness and nothing.  

"I'm over here!" You hear from behind.  You turn back the way you were originally facing but came face to face with the same outcome. "Ooops now I'm over here."  The same voice, that you knew had to be Michael.  He is the only one that would be massively this cruel.  Turning in the direction of the voice you pull the trigger of your gun.  Nothing.  But the vest you are wearing lights up while making an awful sound. 

This was going to be a long match.  You sigh before walking in the opposite direction you were heading hoping to bump into someone. 

*****

Michael was in the lead, massively.  There was no chance that you were going to get caught up. Luke had gotten maybe a few shots in and that was all.  The game belonged to Michael and that was the way he wanted it.  Every time he would get a shot on you his voice got a little more obnoxious. Walking past Luke who stayed in the corner you had decided to come up with a plan. 

"The game ends soon right?" You whisper. 

"Yeah, thank god," Luke mumbles looking off, "wait what are you thinking?" 

Whispering your plan into his hear, he laughs.  

"Stop socializing and play!" Michael yells across the arena. 

Oh, you guys were going to play alright.  Luke shoots you one time before running off in Michael's possible direction. You smile, knowing that his favorite game was about to be his most hated.  Walking around you start to take the game a little more serious.  Looking, turning, aiming ready for anything and everything.  Michael being the crazy person he is, jumps out in front of you points is Laser gun right at your chest.  Seconds from shooting but by your surprise as well as his.  The vest he is wearing lights up. 

"Lucky shot," he groans while stomping off.  Luke walks behind him tapping you on your shoulder.  

You walk around in a circle in the out parts of the area.  Knowing that Michael is keeping close in the middle.  Making sure to stay out of his view.  Everything is in Luke's hands now. As you complete your circle for the third time, Michael cusses.  It happens more than once as you know that the plan is going smoothly.  It continues to happen every few minutes.  You hear Luke's loud cough as you know that he has changed the route.  Moving to the center you start all over again.  

"Rachel where the fuck are you? You can't get that good in 20 minutes!" Oh, he is pissed now. The game goes on for a few more minutes before the lights come up.  We all meet by the door.  

"Way to go Rachel!" Luke cheers high fiving me.  You smile and look at Michael.  He doesn't say anything as he head to see what the scores where. 

The score shows Luke making a small comeback.  Leading with 5 points.  Michael huffs, "You told me it was Rachel!" 

"It was, well her idea." Luke puts his arm over your shoulders, pulling you closer to him.  

"Fuck you guys!" 

He storms off after placing his gear in the right area.  We do the same and follow his lead.  Luke looks down at you and smiles. "Best day ever." 

Smiling back at him you agree.  Beating Michael at anything is always a good day but spending time with Luke makes it a thousand time better.