CH.51: Janus

Title Reference: "Janus" by Boyfriend.

****************  

*TIME SKIP*

JANUARY: WEEK 2/MONDAY

CHANYEOL'S POV

It's been almost a week since we've received the news from officer Kwon. Onew has been a mess this past week. He asked me to join him on Jaehyo's service today so I'm sticking to him like glue for whatever he needs.

Onew has been holding my hand from the moment we came in. I give his hand a little squeeze. He looks at me and gives me a small smile

I fix his bangs, "I think you need Minho right now. Not me-"

"No," Onew shakes his head. "I don't... I shouldn't bug him anymore. He's better off with Minseok-"

"Come on, Onew. Not today... Minho made a mistake and if he wanted to be with Minseok wouldn't he have gone to him already... I genuinely think it was a mistake and you know what- I think it was a good thing that they kissed- it was bound to happen and now that it did... you can just tell by the way he looks at you that he wants to be with you- not Minseok"

"Okay... but I'm the hyung and I'll be giving you advice from now on," Onew says

"Deal. Imma go look for him," I say then let go of his hand.

"Wait," Onew calls for me. I turn around and he hugs me tight.

"Thank you for everything," Onew says. I smile and squeeze him back

I see Luhan and Sehun coming in and paying their respect to Jaehyo's parents and older brother. Afterwards, they walk over to me.

"How's Onew?" Sehun asks

"Bonkers," I say

"Even though, this is not the ending I was hoping for... at least his parents don't have wonder or worry at night. Wondering where Jaehyo is or if he's okay..." Luhan says

"You mean... how we wonder and worry about Baekhyun, now," my voice cracks when I finish

"Oh, shit... I didn't mean to make you cry... at a funeral," Luhan says. I cover my eyes. I hear Sehun, "Let's grab him and go"

I feel one of them pick me up on their shoulder and take me outside. Sehun puts me down and gives me his packet of facial tissues then shoves them towards my chest. I finally calm down after they've apologized for a dozen times.

I jump when I remember that I'm supposed to look for Minho, "OH! I have to go"

Luhan grabs me, "Wait, you're not gonna tell Onew we made you cry right?"

"Yeah, we'll get in trouble with Taemin... and Tae is crazy," Sehun says

"I won't say anything- can I leave?" I ask

"Fine," Luhan says

I head inside to look for Minho.

THIRD PERSON POV

Minho and Minseok enter Jaehyo's service and right away give their respects to Jaehyo's family.

Afterward, they walk around the place. Minseok softly hits Minho's arm to get his attention.

"What," Minho says

Minseok looks around, "What exactly do you do at a funeral?"

"I don't know... walk around... talk to people and um... bow to people," Minho says