CH.48: Without You

Title Reference: "Without You" by NCT U.

****************

DECEMBER: WEEK 2/ FRIDAY

CHANYEOL'S POV

I step out of my mom's car; she personally drove me to school today just to make sure I don't skip. I barely got any sleep last night. I called everyone just in case Baekhyun went over to their place but no one has seen since yesterday when Baekhyun drove us home. I called even though I know it was Kris. It had to be Kris.

When I called Onew, he started crying and he told me that when Jaehyo disappeared, his room was also a mess. That's why I know it was Kris that took him... does this mean I won't ever see Baekhyun, again? It's been well over a year since Jaehyo left and the police stopped searching, concluded that he ran away. But not Baekhyun, I won't stop. I won't allow it. I won't stop searching until he comes home.

I make my way past the gate. Minho runs up to me, "I went to the principal's office and asked him to contact Baekhyun's mom. She flying in from Japan as soon as possible."

I feel tears coming up, "Onew said this exactly what happened to Jaehyo"

Minho shakes his head, "No- No. Don't think negative"

I look at him, "Minho, look me in the eye and tell me that it hasn't crossed your mind once"

Minho looks down, "Sorry... But Chanyeol." He looks at me, "You're not alone. I won't give up that easily like how everyone else did when Jaehyo went missing. You can count on me with anything"

I hug him. I hear him groan.

"Chanyeol you don't have to hug me." I smile and give him a squeeze. I hear Minho complain, "Chanyeol, people are staring"

THIRD PERSON POV

Luhan walks over to Chanyeol and Minho who are still hugging, "Don't wanna interrupt the mood but have you guys heard from Sehun this morning, he's not picking up his phone?"

Chanyeol and Minho turn their attention to the beautiful walking stick of a deer and both shake their heads.

"Not since last night when I called asking for Baekhyun," Chanyeol mutters

Luhan gets a bit worried, "Me too... I don't wanna worry you guys even more but... Sehun lives with Kris and something in my gut is telling me he's not okay. I called his cell and his home number but no answer"

"Hey guys," Sehun comes over and yawns. Luhan sighs in relief and hugs Sehun. Once Luhan lets go of Sehun, he hits Sehun's arm, "Why didn't you answer your phone- I was worried!"

Sehun rubs his arm, "Well first of all- ouch. And second, I spent all night driving around looking for Baekhyun. But sorry guys, no luck"

Luhan half-smiles, "Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to drag you along. I feel responsible for this- I should have stopped whatever was going on between him and Kris. I know Kris better than everyone else... I should have never left Baekhyun alone with him," Sehun explains

"You did- he was just stubborn," Luhan claims

"No... I know I've could have done more... and now we don't know where he is... what if he's alone... scared... cold," Sehun mutters

Chanyeol looks at Sehun and then he sees Kris a couple of feet away walking across the outside lunch tables. Chanyeol zones out Minho, Luhan, and Sehun and begins to walk. He bumps Sehun and that's when the three stop their talking and focus on Chanyeol then look where he is looking.