Chapter Thirty-Seven

-2 weeks later-

I leaned against the rail, there was no fog this morning. It was a sunny warm morning on the track. Emily was working 6 furlong breeze along with Alex and Diane. The 3 fillies were doing fantastic this year, Diane had won the Diana Stakes on the Turf and Flower Bowl, Alex had won the Just A Game Stakes and Churchill Turf Distaff. The two fillies have become amazing turf racers, the two are both in the Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Turf, but they were getting a quick work over the dirt to boost Emily's spirit. They would work on the turf in three days.

Emily shot out of the turn and flew to the finish, she finished in 1:09.56 Alex and Diane slowly gallops after her. I smiled pleased with her work. She earned herself a few days off.

Michael was now riding again, he was riding Emily today.

"She worked like a champ today Naghan. I think she's ready to take the Breeders Cup Distaff." He said jumping off her and patting her neck. Emily snorted at him and nuzzled his head and shook her head. I smiled.

"Looking good, can't wait for the Breeders Cup. Emily sure has the talent to win today." I said and grabbed Emily's bridle and lead her back to the stables.

The Classic field was a a good field this year. It was made up of some of the top horses in the Country. The entires are:

•Unwanted

•Prince Sham

•In The Moment

•October Miracle

•Believe In Me

•End Of The Game

•Point of Chrome

•Mucho Again

•Midnight Highlight

•Lines of War

•Will Take Chances

It was a race that Unwanted was the obvious favorite.

Emily was untacked and put in her stall. I pet her head and she nuzzled my hand and softly snorted to me.

"You got a big race coming up soon Emily. The Breeders Cup Distaff against fillies that are from other countries. Like Gentle Kingdom and Sea The Sky. But I know you are likely to win. Cause you're really a amazing horse. You bring the sport together." I said and pet her neck. "You keep it together."

-1 week later-

Emily was given the week off, her last workout for the Distaff was her galloping a mile and a half and sprinting 3 furlongs. She was a happy horse.

You could tell by how she acted.

If she heard anyone in the area she would prick her ears forward and whinny to them. When she heard a camera go off she would strike a pose and hold it for a bit then go back to doing what she was doing. She tossed her neck playfully in her stall and ate her food too.

Emily was acting like her normal Princess self.

I went to the gift shop at Churchill Downs and saw a Bloodhorse magazine with Emily on it again. It strikes the purple colors for the Breeders Cup. The title was "Distaff and Classic most anticipated Breeders Cup races" I smiled at it and grabbed the magazine and bought it.

I had a who page dedicated to Emily an her achievements, including her Zenyatta score.

I saw Jack and walked up to him.

"Anything new?" I asked.

"Alex went 3 furlongs in 39.20, Diane went in 41.55. Both looking absolutely great for the Filly and Mare Turf." He said and pat Alex'a neck.

"Good to hear they're doing well." I said and pet Diane's fine head.

"I think all of our fillies are ready for the Breeders Cup Nathan." Jack said while holding the two fillies.

"I believe we they are Jack."