Chapter Twenty

-New York, Aqueduct Race Course-

Emily was set for the Gazelle, her comeback was getting a lot of attention. Once the news of her first work out was said, everyone turned their heads to us and waited for more news. Jack decided the Gazelle was a perfect prep, even though it left Emily with one race before the Oaks. There haven't been many great fillies this year, only like 12 are on the point system, which means Emily is easily getting a spot in the Oaks.

We shipped Emily to Aqueduct to work out and come use to the track. I had seen the entrants. We were familiar with two, Unapologetic and Accusation. The two had been demolishing the New York races for 3 year old fillies, pushing Emily out of her New York Crown. The two were both by *Blame, but out of different mares, Unapologetic was out of It Girl, Accusation was out of Act of Luck. But they both looked almost identical to their sire, bay with no markings, there size was the only difference. There was a *Super Saver filly in the race named Super Savvy, who has been doing well in Kentucky. There weren't many entrants, the last one was a longshot by *Flower Ally named Ally Is Sally.

It was 3 days till the Gazelle, Emily has packed muscle since we started working her, her height has changed to 16.8 hands, making her a big filly. She's about the size of some of the top colts this year.

"One more work until the Gazelle, she hasn't failed a work in her life." Jack said, I smiled at I remembered Emily's first work out, and how Jack wanted her entered in a race as soon as possible.

"She's not going to fail now." I turned toward the barn across from us. It had plenty of horses and trainers, grooms and jockeys walking back and forth from the track. "Just thinks about it, the oaks isn't even that far away. I'm not even sure she'll be the favorite." I said, the only thing I was afraid of was Duchess Of Winter. She's been amazing this year, if I could pick any horse to have Emily lose to...it would be her. But loss isn't something I want or even Emily wants. I looked to Emily, she wants to win, she wants to show off, she isn't going to take 'no' for an answer.

"Well, I know one thing, if we win the Oaks," Jack chuckled. "Emily would look good in lilies." I laughed, I imagined Emily in our new silks, that were pink, gold and silver and the Garland of Lilies draped over her shoulders with Nicole in the saddle. I smiled.

"You're right she would." And Emily whinnied and tossed her head up and down like she agreed.

"Oh, she even sees herself in Lillie's." I hadn't talked to Dakota or Emily for a while not since Saratoga. They have a half to Emily though, a dark bay colt who's by Fiznow. He's two now, they named him Tell Them All, a good name for him. He's a big horse, like Emily. He was starting soon, but it would be at Emerald Downs. I was thinking about flying down to see his debut, to see the colt in person. He's been getting attention, he's been working exellent.

"Have you seen Tell Them All?" I asked Jack.

"Oh, yeah. He's a big guy isn't he? Beautifully made, amazing pedigree, he's a half to Emily so he's getting lots of attention. I like him, I could see him going for the Derby next year." I nodded, I could see that too. "But for now, we have to focus on Emily. So far she's better than her brother, older, well experienced. I could see them some how being pitted against each other but now we have to deal with Duchess. A lot of fillies are trying to steal our girls crown. And lillies. We can't let that happen. So, thoughts on track Nathan." I laughed and so did he, and we started studying the field of the Gazelle.

3 days till Emily The First returns in her comeback...