Chapter Twenty-Seven

-Elmont, New York, Belmont Park 1 week later-

We had flew Emily back to New York, home for her. She will be making an appearance in the Mother Goose and CCA Oaks. She was still a bit down about her injury and not being able to work but she gets tremendous love from fans who visit her. Her home coming has been a amazing one. I released Emily's condition to the public and owners, trainers and jockeys now understand why Emily never shot in the stretch.

I sat reading the DRF. The front page read:

"Unlikely champion Unwanted confirmed for the Belmont"

There was a picture of Unwanted winning the Derby and Preakness, he was a small bay colt, who had a awful 2 year old career but won the Risen Star and Wood Memorial, he was set up as 80-1 in the Derby, he beat Prince Sham by a neck in the Derby, then beat him again in the Preakness by a head. He carries the hopes of Triple Crown on his back. I'm not fully convinced the colt can do that. But why not hope he does.

The next page was about Emily:

"The Queen back at Belmont"

"Emily The First Kentucky Oaks runner up and Black Eye Susan's champion, is back at Belmont Park possibly to cancel Acorn winner, Little Lana, all chances at the Triple Tiara. sEmily had been absolutely amazing this year, facing her first loss against "Super Filly" Duchess Of Winter. Who had faced the injured Emily The First in the Kentucky Oaks and Susan's, the win over Emily has caused negativity to be shot at Duchess Of Winter. The filly a, West Coast darling, was called lucky cause she caught Emily in the rough. Scratching out the Oaks Emily looks like your likely Champion Three Year Old Filly. But HOTY honors again loom over her head as Unwanted, Kentucky Derby and Preakness Champion has the Triple Crown hopes sitting on his saddle. The two Miracle horses have a lot of hopes with then. Will they win their races here at Belmont Park?"

I will be attending the Belmont with my late bloomer See A Giant by Giants Causeway out of See The Flowers. He has a big turf pedigree but he has been doing amazing on dirt to far, after the Belmont I wanted to turn him to the Breeders Cup Mile to face turf start Sam's Legacy.

Emily would be facing Little Lana and Jewelous. Both who have been winning the races Emily was originally headed for, but Jack was dead set on the Oaks. The Mother Goose was soon, I hope Emily proves she still has racing spirit.