Chapter Twenty-Eight

-3 weeks later, Mother Goose day-

Mother Goose day was a big day, it had been a month since Emily's last race. Emily was facing big competition, only two big competitors Little Lana and Jewelous. Lana was definitely little, she was barely 15 hands, she was bay had four socks and stripe that went all the way down her nose. Jewelous is a gray filly, she finished a short second to Little Lana in the Acorn. She was about 16 and half hands, she was something Emily should be watching.

"Welcome to the Mother Goose stake! The great Queen Emily The First is facing Acorn winner Little Lana and Acorn runner up Jewelous. Tomorrow is Belmont day! Don't miss the hopes of the Triple Crown run with underdog Unwanted. Today's Acorn field is:

1. Emily The First 2/1

2. Daisy Gatsby 10/1

3. Jewelous 3/1

4. Little Lana 1/2

13 minutes to post!"

Jack was giving Michael instructions. He was still mad at Nicole even though now we know Emily was injured and due to that, she refused to fire in the stretch in both the Oaks and Susans.

Emily was eager to get started with the race. She was prancing and acting like a Princess. Her muscles show better than any other fillies, her vains also popped out a bit, her coat was sleek and you if you looked you could slightly see some dapples. She was as healthy as ever.

"The fillies are now heading to the track for the start of the Mother Goose."

Jack walked back over to me and we started for our seats.

"You think she's going to win?" Jack asked, I slightly laughed.

"Win? She's going to blow away that field."

-Michael's POV-

We waited to get loaded in to the starting gate, we were on the rail. The one stop Emily hated, she liked to have space. But if she breaks good she'll get clear.

We were going to me the last to load. But in front of us Daisy Gatsby was freaking out and wouldn't load. A track vet came to look at her and she had a scratch on her shoulder. She was forced a scratch and all that was left now was Emily, Little Lana and Jewelous. Just what everyone wants.

The gate worker grabbed Emily's bridle and lead her into post one and we waited for the start.

The gates sprang open and the bell rang and instantly Emily leaped out of the gate and shot to the front. I gave Emily full control and looked behind us. Little Lana and Jewelous were running together, their jockeys were trying to see if they could catch Emily. I smiled. We have this race already.

Emily lead the way into the turn with a 8 length lead, she hugged the rail and blazed along, I could tell being the leader was something she missed. She exited the turn and entered the back straight and didn't lose any momentum, from what I felt she was gaining with every stride. I looked back and saw Lana and Jewelous 10 lengths maybe more behind us. I could see that they were still trying to catch us. I looked forward again, the final turn was closing on us and I slightly urged Emily to give more. She gave a lot more and entered the turn for home, her ears pricked forward and I felt her stride go from short and quick to long and smooth, which didn't effect her pace at all. I heard the roar of the crowd as we stormed out of the turn and into the stretch. I slid my hands up her neck and started making kissy noises and she responded. The crowd got louder as she stormed down the stretch not even tired.

As we passed the wire I heard the announcers final part of the call.

"And Emily The First! Went wire-to-wire and never even gave these fillies a chance! Emily The First is back and better than ever, she won the Mother Goose by 25 lengths and won in 1:38.43 The Queen is back!"

I stood up in the irons and let Emily canter out and we turned back to the stands where the crowd cheered for Emily. I looked to the official results, Jewelous was second and Little Lana was third. There was no way Little Lana was going to last with Emily setting a blazing pace. I stopped Emily at the winners circle where we saw Nathan and Jack.

"Oh man. Our girl is back!" Jack said. "Time for the CCA Oaks." I looked at Jack.

"Why don't we try colts Jack? I mean obviously fillies aren't even much of challenge for her."

"We should try the Haskell." Nathan said. "I mean fillies have won the Haskell, so why can't Emily?" I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, let's keep the Haskell on the down low, and just for now say we're heading for the CCA Oaks." He smiled, that was the plan.

The Haskell was our next stop. But no one can know until they announce the runners.