26. Time jump

****

     It's been a few months since the whole homecoming, break up fiasco. Graduation is only a few weeks away and Landon and I are planning out the final details on our senior trip to Florida the week after graduation. I know, I'm surprised too that my parents agreed to me going on a trip with my boyfriend.

     We are sitting in my room looking up stuff on travel sites when I look up and see my mom standing in my doorway with a big envelope in her hand. I have been stressing out for weeks now since I'm still waiting on college acceptances to start rolling in. Meanwhile, Landon has been accepted to just about every school that he has applied to.

     Ohio State was both of our dream school, but we had made an agreement that if one of us didn't get in, we would be happy for the other and no matter what we would make things work. After he got his acceptance letter though I kept secretly hoping that mine would come.

     Things have been so good between the two of us lately that I can't even imagine going off to college without him. I think back to my first day at Silver Valley and how I couldn't wait to leave this town, my family and everyone else behind and start a new life at college. So much has changed since then and now that is the last thing I want.

     Mom walks over and hands me the envelope. I see the Ohio State seal in the top corner and instantly my hands start shaking. This is the moment that I had been waiting weeks for. The moment that could possibly change everything.

     I'm too nervous, there is no way I can open it. I hand the envelope to Landon silently begging him to just open it for me. He takes it from my hands, slides his finger inside the envelop and rips it open. My anxiety is through the roof. He can sense this and grabs my hand giving it a reassuring squeeze as he continues reading.

     Finally, he stops reading and looks at me with a much too serious look on his face. He is really worrying me. "Just tell me what it says already, the suspense is killing me." He sighs, looking like he is nervous to continue on, "Well, I have some bad news unfortunately.... It looks like you are going to have to put up with me for a while longer because we are going to be together at Ohio State! YOU GOT IN!!!!!!"

I almost can't believe that I heard him right, but I jump up and run leap into his arms. We kiss and in that moment, I know that the future looks really bright for us!