11. Feeling Brave

After the conversation with my mom I suddenly feel like a weight has been lifted. That was a huge step towards finally being able to move on from what happened. After we talked I had to hurry upstairs to get ready for work. I got to work right on time and walked in to see Landon behind the counter already working on unpacking some new items that came in.

      He must notice the smile on my face, "Whoa whoa! Hold on, did we get a new employee here? I know that can't be you Sadie. Is that a SMILE I see on your face?" I swat at his arm "Would you like me to return to my regularly programmed angst riddled teenager?" We both laugh. "Seriously though, what's up with the huge smile?" I figured he was going to ask. Landon is probably the only person that would be able to look at me and tell something had happened. 

     "My mom and I had a huge fight—" "Wait, that is what you are smiling about??" I understand now why that sounds so confusing. "Yeah, I actually think this was a good thing. We both said a lot of things that we have been bottling up for awhile now. You know after all this time she finally apologized to me for not believing me that Ethan was lying." Even he looks surprised by this. "Wow, Sadie that's awesome!" He grabs me and hugs me tightly.

     Every inch of my body feels the electricity as he holds me against his chest. In that moment, I decide that if I'm going to finish the night in the same way I started; being brave and saying what I have been bottling up. I look up into those big blue grey eyes and almost forget what I was going to say but I somehow steady myself. "Landon, would you go out with me on Friday night?" 

     He looks like he doesn't think he heard me quite right. After a few more seconds of looking up at the confused look on his face I start to feel like I may have just made a huge mistake. CRAP, what did I just do.  I start to pull back from him, "oh um... You know I did just remember that I have that big project due on Monday for my English class... Maybe it isn't such a good idea after all. I mean---" His expression instantly changes to a look of concern as he realizes that he seems like he is turning me down.

      He tightens his grip on me and pulls me back closer to him. "Sadie, I don't know what could possibly make you think that my answer would be anything other than Yes... I have been waiting for the right minute to ask you out ever since you sat down at my bench the first day of school." I smile up at him and feel myself relax into his embrace. "Don't think that just because you asked me out that you get to pick me up" he laughs. "Well of course not. Pick me up at 7?"

This is a very short chapter only because the last one was a lot longer than normal. Please comment and let me know what you think so far! Any suggestions for me?