❤ XCIX ❤

_

_

Ouch...

Jungkook move his tongue, poking his inner cheeks annoyingly.

Noona, who usually looked so indifferent, stern and hard to reason with, actually had such a passionate side only to him. Why do I feel so upset about this?

Taehyung obviously noticed Jungkook's reaction and seeing that he achieved his goal, he turned to Heize. He smiled, his hands moves caressing her hairs. "I'll pick you up at the filming sight tonight."

"En."

"Eh, hold on. Didn't I forgot something?" Heize raised her brows in confusion. What did he forgot now..?

Taehyung stopped in his tracks, willingly leaned over and kissed her on her lips, leaving a goodbye kiss.

Jungkook, who was beside her stared blankly. 

Excuse me, can you guys see me?

There's a big living person right here eh...

From last night till this morning, Heize's pacifying could be said to be done very well; she didn't overlook any areas, so this crisis had finally been resolved.

On the way to the filming site.

Jungkook had two glittering bunny eyes as he said, "Noona, you're so beautiful. It's not hard for you to find a handsome man - why do you want to be with him?" 

Jungkook intentionally said 'him' to Taehyung because his noona warned him not to reveal her relationship. 

Heize huffed as she was too tired of Jungkook's queries already while checking her make-up with selfie cam. She turned to smile ever so brightly and said, "I'm naturally fond of him."

Heize's reply killed the conversation instantly and Jungkook didn't say a single word thereafter.

And Heize didn't say anything wrong - it was the truth. Taehyung looks like her deceased husband, Taemin. 

What she wanted was nothing more from him but to pretend like her husband Taemin who used to care a lot with genuine love and affection. 

Heize didn't speak any further either as she felt her mood gloomy; with Jungkook's character, it was better to give him some time to digest the information.

When Jungkook finds out there was no reason left to be with noona. She just pushes him away every now and then while he tried to be sweet with her.

Jungkook forced a cheerful smile, "Oh Noona.." he felt frustrated but never showed on his innocent face. No wonder what came in his mind when he hurriedly tapped on Michel's shoulder and exclaimed, "Stop.. Stop the car!" 

There was an abrupt halt and loud sound of screeching tires.

"What the hell Mr Jeon?!" Michel yelled annoyingly.

"I'm so sorry noona... I've some important business to attain so I can't accompany you to the filming sight." Jungkook apologised to Heize and quickly looked at Michel who was glaring from the rear mirror. "Hey assistant.. cool down. I didn't meant to scare you."

Jungkook's eyes shines as he showed his lovely bunny smile.

Michel sighed. "Here you go." She gave a sign for him to go away.

Jungkook grabbed his things and opened the door to move out swiftly.

"Are you sure? Didn't you wanted to see me act?" Heize asked suspiciously while he stopped for a second. 

What was going in his crazy mind?

"Next time.. next time noona! This time I need to handle some issues." With that said Jungkook walked out and bid good bye. "See you soon then."

At night, Dr Emma's private consulting room:

As usual, Dr Emma did a thorough checkup of Heize's condition.

After the checkup was done, Taehyung quickly stepped forward to inquire, "Dr Emma, how's Heize?"

Emma replied, "Almost the same as last time. It can take a few weeks to a month or more for her body to recover from a miscarriage, it's already a miracle for her condition to remain so stable."

"As you know it was her second, if we plan now.. will she able to conceive..."

"Exactly how long a woman should wait to conceive after a miscarriage is controversial. Some doctors suggest trying again as soon as possible, while as per WHO guidelines waiting for at least six months, and others suggest waiting for as long as 18 months."

Dr Emma looked at Taehyung and was deeply moved. "Mr Kim, I guess you invested quite a bit of effort, didn't you?"

With Heize's condition, everything would be for naught if one was slightly careless - the amount of effort he put in was unimaginable. Furthermore, he had such a great deal of pressure on him.

"Dr Emma, you speak too highly of me. It was all thanks to your brilliant medical expertise..." Taehyung heaved a sigh of relief but still felt burden that he was hiding something important from her.

Taehyung was driving back on the road when he took a glance in between on her calm face. She was silently in daze as it was nothing to worry about but she didn't knew how worried Taehyung felt.

"Do you like kids?" Taehyung suddenly asked Heize this question out of the blue.

"Huh? Kids?" Heize was taken aback.

"En, do you like kids?" Taehyung repeated.

Heize moving her fingers through her silky hairs, she muttered, "Why would you ask this question all of a sudden?"

"I might not be able to have an heir."

Heize was stunned when she heard him.

So this was why he was acting weird...

It was probably because Taehyung was not willing to have a perfect family with her and it was sure... why would he even when he was only her brother-in-law?

Taehyung wasn't the one she was looking for.. he couldn't take her husband's place. She knew, she was living in a beautiful lie only to give herself a false hope and make her heart at ease.

However, what surprised her the most was how directly Taehyung told her.

Heize returned to her senses after some time and said in a relaxed manner, "Uh, actually, I'm just alright with kids but I've dropped the idea of having one. In the past, losing my little princess was enough for me to get in my senses. I couldn't be able to protect a little pure soul so how could I think of losing one more just because of my carelessness..." Heize's eyes brimmed with tears and soon she smiled. "There are so many naughty children out there now and it's pretty nice to have just the two of us, so why should we have kids?" She said excitedly. 

...