❤ LXXVI ❤

_

_

NO ONE'S POV:

Kim Taehyung felt restless, he couldn't do anything but wait to see her alright. Blood staining on her clothes was making him feel unease and anxious about it. 

What made her bleed..?

His assistant could not help it any longer. "Mr. Kim, Mrs Heize will be fine, it's probably nothing serious."

Taehyung frowned slightly, remembering that he had once heard about how much she wanted this child of his brother. He was ready to be her child's father no matter what world will think of him.

If Taemin could be here to protect her, he'll do it immediately and when it came upon Taehyung, he was late.

It was just a second when she carelessly ran towards a stranger. He couldn't able to protect her or even to stand beside her.

Calming down slightly, he stood up once again. Just then, the operation door opened and a female nurse came out. She pulled down her mask and asked, " Who are her family members?"

"I am." At that moment, Kim Taehyung had forgotten that he was just acting as her husband and spoke on instinct.

"You're the patient's husband?" the nurse asked before passing a document over. "The patient is two months pregnant, but the report shows that the baby has died because of the stab. We need to do a miscarriage immediately, otherwise she'll be in grave danger."

Kim Taehyung froze, his mind running, unable to process what she had just told him.

His assistant, grasping the gist, asked, "Died in her stomach?"

"Yes." It seemed like there was an urgent situation in the operating room. The nurse handed the files to Kim Taehyung. 

Again with some urgency in her voice,she said, "Mister, could you please quickly sign it? They're waiting to proceed with the operation."

Kim Taehyung still didn't make a sound, though his face looked calm. He hesitated for only a second before taking the file from the nurse. He saw two words, "miscarriage operation", there, on the consent forms. His heart suddenly shrank.

The woman he loved was pregnant with his brother's child didn't matter but now it was his responsibility. Though it was meant to be a joyous occasion, the moment he found out he was going to become a father, he didn't knew he'd lost the child.

Kim Taehyung tried his best to compose himself, as he took the pen from the file. His fingers shivered when he took off the lid and lowered the pen to where the nurse had pointed. Yet, he didn't sign it.

He clearly knew what those three words "intrauterine fetal death" meant. There was no saving the child, yet his heart was so unbearably pained, having to sign for an abortion.