CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

TOM JONES

Thank God men don't squeal. Maybe that was what I would have done as I drove home. I had never been in love but I know how it feels to be in love. The way my heart felt like it would burst out of my body after kissing her. I planned on kissing her on the lips but the fear of her rejecting me made me kissed her on her forehead.

Parking my car in the garage, I walked in humming to "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.

"Hi dad"

"Hello son, how was school?" My dad asked, setting the pancakes on the table he pointed at the chair as he sat down beside me.

"So, why are you smiling?" My dad asked rolling my eyes at his suspicious look.

"Dad, are you saying I can't just smile if I want to?" I asked pretending to be hurt.

"Yes, I am. I know your son you never smile unless it is for me or your friends but this smile says more than friends," he said as he drank his wine. My dad was one of those men who never drink nor smoke.

"That's hurt coming from your dad. I am capable of laughing," I said as I munched on the food.

"Hmmm...Nice," dad had always been a great cook. Food was one of the reasons why his ex-wife, my mother once fell for him.

"So who is she and when will I get to meet her?" I groaned knowing dad he will not give up until I tell him.

"Her name is Mary. She goes to my school and she is in my class. Apart from the fact that she is beautiful, she is also a strong woman...," I looked up to see my dad crying.

"Dad, what happen why are you crying?" I asked panicking.

"Nothing son, it's just that my son is growing up and in love. I can see the way your eyes sparkle when you were talking about her," he said and smiled at me.

I knew how much mom leaving hurt him. She almost broke him. I stood up and walked to his side and hugged him that was how we were for some minutes.

****************************

I groaned as my phone rang for the tenth time this morning. Who called someone at 6 in the morning? Groaning I picked the call without checking the person calling.

"Hmm...," I murmured into the phone.

"Tom, why are you not here? are you still sleeping? We are all waiting for you at the station," Kaden shouted.

"Shit, must you shout? Wait, what? Why are you guys at the station this early?" I stood up like a flash of lightning and rushed to the bathroom to wash my face and clean up.

"I thought the first race is next week. When did they change it?" I asked him panicking. Missing the first race simply means opting out of the competition.

"Well...... They did yesterday," Kaden shouted again. This time I didn't care as I rushed to the closet I put on the first thing I pick which happened to be a simple blue shirt and black jeans with black snickers.

I was about to put on the snickers when I hit my head on the wall.

"Shit, that hurt" hissing at the pain, I rushed to wear the clothes when I heard murmuring in the background.

"Idiot"

"Fool"

I ignored them as I focus on tieing the shoelace.

"Don't mind this idiot we are just waiting for you before we start training," Paul said. It took me a few seconds before I understand.

"Are you saying the race is still next week?" I asked.

"Yes," Paul replied.

"I am still in?" I asked again and sat on the bed.

"Yes," Paul answered again.

"Kaden was playing me?" I asked a little bit out of the trance.

"Obviously yes," Paul said.

"Kaden Stone, I am going to kill you and feed you to the dogs," I shouted hearing his laughter in the background only fuel me up. Picking up my car keys, I walked out of the house knowing dad would have gone to work.

Thinking of how to get my revenged on Kaden, I smiled at my decision.

Kaden Stone you will regret playing me.

👟👟👟👟👟👟👟👟👟👟👟👟

THANKS FOR READING.
THANKS FOR THE VOTES, COMMENTS AND CONTRIBUTION.
IF YOU LOVE THIS CHAPTER YOU CAN ALWAYS VOTE FOR IT.
MEANS MORE THAN I COULD VOICE IN WORDS💋💋💋💋💋😀😀😀😀😀

Shout out to
@Southmarie
@Romanticdaydream

for their support
Thank you