CHAPTER ONE

MARY LAKE

I groaned again at the sound of my alarm, the stupid thing had been ringing for the past few minutes but I didn't want to leave my cosy bed so I ignored it. It was a school day and I hated it not because I hated school. I love learning; it made me believe I am a normal seventeen-year-old girl, but I hated what happened at school which make me dread every school day.

I couldn't take it anymore when it rang again so I flung my bedspread out of anger and stood up all within few seconds as I threw the alarm at the nearest thing to me which was my poor table, an action that made me dizzy for few minutes.

"Did I just b--break my a--al-arm?" I stared at the broken alarm. Most times, I stood still when I did something I shouldn't have done without thinking.

It seemed I would need to get a new alarm. Looking at the time on my phone I gasped, I was running late for school and I only had one hour to get ready. I tried rushing to the bathroom (keyword "tried"). Because I hadn't moved for two seconds when I fell on my face, I groaned at the pain that radiated through my skull. My parents had ensured the floor of my room was thick with rugs because of the many bruises I had when I fell. Though it had reduced after they made it, it still didn't stop the pain from the fall. I stood up and tried to move as slow as possible to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, I was combing my straight hair; that was one thing I was grateful for. I don't need to use a hand straightener if I had to use it, I would have many burns on my hand and scalp. Thank God the straight hair came naturally. I don't use makeup not because it would get messy if I tried but because I don't like it. I was dressed in blue jean trousers and a white tank top. I don't wear dresses and skirts. I tried it once when I fell, my pant became the new opera show. Shivering at the harsh memory, I picked up my white school bag and flung it on my back. I smiled when I did it perfectly and walked out of my room.

Walking carefully down the stairs, I noticed that my parents had left for work but our cook Mrs Cooker was setting the table.

"You---u shou--ldn't have bothered," I told her and smiled. I picked some apple and bit into it as some of the juice dripped from my mouth into my trousers. I sighed as I cleaned it with my handkerchief.

"Don't be silly girl, I know you love my food and I don't want your father to have my head," she said smiling at me.

Mrs Cooker, that was her real name, I once asked her if she bore the name because she was a cook but she smiled and said no. She was like a second mother to me and she was always there since I knew right from wrong. Owning to what I heard from my parents she had loved me since I was a child. I smiled at the fact that she was always afraid of my dad's threat even when she knew it was just a mere threat.

"You should go, Mr Caleb had gone out for a while," she said as she gave me the lunch she packed for me. I collected it and murmured a "thank you" as I walked out of the house. I had known Mr Caleb since I could remember; he was my father's driver and was now my driver since it's obvious I couldn't drive.

I sat in the car as we drove silently to school. I just prayed I wouldn't have so much to deal with and maybe for once I would have a peaceful day in school but I know that would never happen, not when I still have the sickness.

Dyspraxia sucked.

🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐

This the end of chapter one. How is it? I am excited and nervous to hear your comments.
Kisses💋💋💋💟