CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

MARY JONES

"T-tomorrow i-is m-my b-birthday a-and I a-am n-not e-excited," I said. Rose who was wearing one of my trouser. She slept over because she felt we need to go to the mall for shopping first thing this morning. I mean who shop early in the morning on Saturday when they should be in bed?

"Since when have you ever get excited about your birthday?" Rose said as she looked at the mirror and turned around in front of it.

I laughed at her and she shook her butt at me.

"I k-know b-but t-this i-is d-different. T-Tom f-final r-race i-is i-in f-four d-days" I said. I am really worried about him. What if he got hurt?

"Don't worry, he will be fine," Rose said and I nodded. He should be and he must be.

"You know if only I could have your parent and made them mine on my birthdays, I will die a happy woman. My mom couldn't stand party so I get to suffer for it," Rose said and I laughed at how absurd that sound.

After she was done we both went out of my room. Walking down the stairs, I almost tripped, thanks to Rose who steadied me.

"Good morning Mrs Cook" Rose and I said as we took our seat in the dining room to eat dinner. Mom wouldn't let us go out to the mall without eating.

"Hmm, Mrs cook please I will like to take some of yesterday soup home with me. What was the name again?" Rose said as she ate her fried noodles.

"Potato soup," Mrs Cook said. Rose nodded. We thanked her for the food and went into the car and drove to the mall. Knowing how stressful the day would be I took a little nap.

*********************
ROSE POV

Mary had been trying different dresses that scream 'I am eighteen' but none caught her attention. She looked tired who wouldn't? Even though I like shopping, the only thing I would trade for anything would be stress.

"Mary, I will be back let me get us some cold drink," I said as she nodded a little too much and I laughed.

"I I a-am j-just s-so t-tired" she laughed as she went into tried another dress. I walked out of the changing room and someone bumped into me. She didn't even say sorry as she went in. Hissing at her, I walked to the drink section as and bought chilled two Apple drinks.

I walked back to the changing room. Thinking that Mary was still in the small room they made for people to change, I sat on the plastic chair inside the changing room.

Ten minutes after, she hadn't come out. I stood up and knocked on the door calling her name. She didn't answer so I opened the door and she wasn't there.

"Did she go out to look for me?" I asked looking confused. I hated that thing when you go looking for people only to miss them and have them looking for you too.

Planning on calling her, I was about closing the door when I saw her clothes. Why would she leave her cloth here? Did she wear a new dress? I noticed that the red dress she was about to wear when I left was missing.

"What is happe......." I stood as I saw something I had got to know very much after been Mary's friend for two years.

A red rose.

I shivered as I picked it up.

"She is mine to have"

I rushed out of the changing room shouting her name.

I alerted the security and they organized a search party. I was still searching for her when are parent came to the wall.

MARY LAKE HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED ON MY WATCH.

What type of friend was I?

😤😤😤😤😥😥😥😥😧😧
Where is my tissue?
Mary where are you?
I just hope she is okay.

Thank you for your support for this book. Please know that each of your votes is precious to me and your contributions.