Love is war

12:47PM

After lunch, Kiba and I finally returned into our hotel room with our stomachs completely full. I plopped myself onto my bed and with one hand on my tummy, my other hand was reaching for my phone on the bedside table.

The screen lit up to show many notifications of messages and missed calls.
They were all from Sasuke..

Crap, I thought he would be busy filming!

I sprung up right, looking at the many missed calls and messages with my lover's name on it.

12:09PM - "Hey, princess. I'm having a short break. Call me back?"
12:12PM - "I miss you."
12:13PM - "Are you alright? You're making me worried. You don't often take long to reply."
12:17PM - "Please call me. I can't reach you. You're scaring me, Naruto."
12:22PM - "Swear to god if it's because of Kiba.."
12:30PM - "My break's over. But call me as soon as you see this. I'm worried."

I felt guilty, seeing him worried sick like this. God, I'm stupid! I knew that he was already uneasy about Kiba and I sharing a room.. Why did I have to do that to him?

My fingers started to type, replying to his messages.
12:50PM - "Sorry for making you worried, Sasuke. I was eating lunch, left my phone in the room."
I pressed send and sighed.

Is he going to be mad at me?

Suddenly, a vibration in my hand pulled me out of my thoughts.
I looked at my screen to see Sasuke's name once again. I immediately picked up, "Hello, Sasuke?"

"Are you alright?" His familiar voice made my heart ached. I miss him.
"Yeah! I simply forgot to bring my phone with me to lunch."
"Sasuke! What are you doing? We are currently in the middle of shooting-" A Sai's voice was in the background, interrupting our phone call.
Sasuke hushed him, "Are you sure you're alright? Did anything happen between you and K-" "No. Nothing happened. Please continue your work."

I felt like a burden, interfering between his professional life.

I could hear him sigh over the phone, "Alright, inform me right away if anything happens."
"I will, but nothing will happen!" I tried to sound reassuring and confident.
"Sasuke.. this isn't very like you. Usually you take your work seriously, is everything okay?" A woman's voice started to emerge through the phone. She sounded closer and louder, therefore I assumed she walked up to Sasuke and was now right beside him.

"Yes, Ino." He swiftly replied. "I'll call you again later. Pick up this time." He sternly instructed me before he hung up.
"Good-bye.." I whispered, but the line was already dead.
Ino.. that gorgeous blonde who is a model huh?
She's right.. Sasuke takes his work very seriously. But how would she know that?

Unless she has worked with him before..
But Sasuke doesn't remember her name.

"This sucks.." Kiba mumbled on his bed.
I turned around to look at him. His eyes glued on me, "It sucks to always see you so upset whenever it comes to Sasuke Uchiha. And there's nothing I can ever do about it."

"I'm fine, Kiba-"
"Don't lie to my face. It only makes me feel worse.. because I used to be the one to know everything about you, how you're feeling and what you were going through.."

He sat up, but his eyes never once left mine.
"..And now, I barely even know you."

My lips separated but no words could come out. I was speechless..

"I..-"
"Kiba! Naruto! We're setting off to explore the historic island! Come gather at the lobby!" One of our teachers knocked on the door.
"Coming!" In a flash, Kiba was back to normal again. His wide smile and gleaming eyes.

He held the door open for me, looking back at me. "You coming or what?" He smirked. How was he always manage to act as if nothing had happened.

As if there were zero cares in the world..
Because my world often seems to be caving in all around me.

I slid my phone into my pocket and grabbed my bag pack before leaving the comfort of our hotel room.

1:04PM

He sling his arm around my neck as we made our way down to the lobby where all of the students were gathering.

"Ah! I'm so excited!" Kiba chuckled as his hand ran through my hair.
I forced a smile, "Me too!"

Kiba doesn't particularly like Sasuke..
And Sasuke doesn't particularly like Kiba either..

And I'm caught right in the middle.