Love or Pride

2:27PM
Ah, dammit!
You know what? Fuck it. I've been staying quiet for way too long and where has it gotten me? For once, I should man up!

I hopped out of bed, "Sasuke, wait-" I called out to him while I chased after him. His fingertips touched the cold door knob as he turned around surprised. When he looked me in the eyes, I lost all courage again. My lips trembled and my voice shook, but i couldn't speak.
And that's when I knew, I had fallen for him.

"Sasu..ke.. I.." After what felt like an eternity of us just gazing at one another in silence, words finally escaped my shivering lips. "..I.." I continued stuttering. Just what exactly do I say next?! My mind was in complete mess as my body froze.

"Hush, hush. It's alright." The taller man's thumb left the door knob and brushed across my lips as he fully turned around. "I'll say it." He uttered softly, his eyes locked with mine.
"I love you."
His thumb moved to cup my chin as he titled my jaw up, he then kissed my lips.

2:48PM

I was stunned, yet I didn't feel uncomfortable. Instead, I felt special. I felt glad. I felt loved.
Sasuke is such a brilliant man, he always knows what's going through my mind no matter how much I lock him out. Was I that easy to read? But deep down, I'm happy I'm easy to read. Because, if I wasn't, this wouldn't have happened. If he never continued to love me after I rejected him, this wouldn't have happened.
I rejected him out of fear, I guess. I couldn't trust anyone with my heart. But he... He is different. He fought for my heart. Therefore, he deserves it.

I might never meet someone like him ever again.

It felt like forever, we were just in each other's arms. Enjoying our warmth and company. Smiling silently to ourselves, overjoyed for the love we have found, or may I say created.

"I'm sorry I took so long to realize it." I mumbled under my breath shyly.

"It's alright, love. You're worth the wait."

8:50PM

I had woken up from a short nap and turned to my side to see Sasuke had already left our bed. We spent the entire day in bed, next to each other just appreciating one another and cuddling.
I got out of bed to see if Sasuke was in the kitchen preparing breakfast, but as I walked quietly down the hallway, I heard his voice coming from another room.

I peeked in to see Sasuke sitting on the bed, talking on the phone in our Guest bed room. "...Yeah, I'm so happy I waited. He is the best reward for my patience, and you know I'm not a patient guy. He just brings out a different side of me. I love him so much it scares me." For once, there was a hint of gleam and excited in Sasuke's tone of voice despite the fact that I was unable to see his face because his back was faced towards me.

Was he boasting to people about me? I couldn't help but smile stupidly to myself. I must really mean a lot to him. He was acting like a kid in a candy store.

"..what? You're planning to come down and pay a visit?"
Sasuke's voice had gotten more serious.
"No.. You can't. This is my first and final warning, don't come here. If you do, I swear to god it won't be a pleasant visit." Sasuke hung up suddenly and he sounded pissed off.

I wonder who was he talking to?