Missing the love you'd give

3:27AM

The buzzing and ringing of my phone awoke me from my slumber. I looked at my phone to see Sasuke Uchiha's name pop up on my screen.

Oh right, he said he would call me as soon as he landed.

"Hello, how was your flight?" I greeted sleepily, rubbing my eyes before stretching one arm at a time.
"Bad. Not only couldn't I see or touch you, I couldn't even talk you." He complained, ranting on and on about how much he already misses me.

He quickly switched our phone call to video call as soon as he had his hotel's wifi. After the bell boy rolled in his luggages, he swiftly slammed the door after tipping him.
He laid on his bed, just staring at me through his phone screen.
"I'm so tired. But I don't want to fall asleep."

"Why not, silly? You just had an 8 hour flight." I asked as I pranced around my room in my PJs at 4 in the morning.

"Because if I close my eyes, I won't see you.." His voice trailing off as I watched him fight his heavy eyelids.
".. And tomorrow I'll have a busy day with the shoot.. I won't be able to see or talk to you much." He continued mumbling as he turned to his side, resting his hand with the phone in it on the pillow.

I jumped into my bed and placed my phone on the pillow as well. As if we were sleeping beside each other. Sasuke eventually dozed off into slumber. Only his quiet and even breathing can be heard over the phone.

"Goodnight, silly.. I love you." I smiled to myself, gazing at his beautiful face through my screen.

6:46AM

Sasuke's manager woke us both by ringing the hotel room's telephone. Sasuke irritatedly picked it up and slammed it back, stopping the loud ringing.

He turned back towards the phone, "Good morning, princess. Sorry to have waken you."

I yawned, shaking my head as I heard another call to Sasuke's room telephone.

He swiftly turned to it and left the phone off the receiver so his manager would be unable to dial through again.
He sighed but cracked a soft smile towards me, "But I'm happy to see you didn't hang up."

"Of course! Y-You're not the only one missing someone you know.." I pouted, feeling flushed.

"I know..-"
"Sasuke Uchiha! I know you're tired, but you have to get up!" The manager can be heard banging onto his door.

Sasuke sighed, rising from his bed.
"I wish I can just be alone with you, for once."
He swung open the door, "Yes.. I'm awake."

"You can't be late today! We managed to book Ino Yamanaka for only a day!" I felt like I was eavesdropping on the conversation now but Sasuke wasn't hanging up.

And I didn't really want to hang up either..

"I don't know or want to know who that person is." I could recognise that cold and unbothered tone.

Her name sounded familiar..

"Alright, Naruto. I'll call you later." Sasuke waved goodbye, I was saying goodbye when I overheard the manager say, "Jeez! Stop sticking to Naruto all the time, your fans might think you swing the other way.. Luckily, Ino looks really similar to Naruto. You can try your luck!"

"No thanks." He replied as he ended my video call.

Ino Yamanaka..

I did a quick search on her on the internet.
She was one of the world's top model.
She had really gorgeous features, blond silky long hair and bright blue eyes..

She did have a striking resemblance to me.
But she was way more beautiful..

And I'm just...

Me.

7:30AM

I was reaching school, reporting for the excursion. I should be looking forward to the weekend but somehow, I felt uneasy. And I know it must have been about Sasuke.. and Ino.

Kiba grabbed me by the shoulder as we were queuing to board our school bus. He was rambling about what he wanted to do and see on the island. But I simply replied in nods, my mind was somewhere else.

"Aren't you excited?! We get to sleep together, like our sleepovers when we were younger!" He exclaimed as we took our seats on the bus.

I nodded again. "Yeah.."

"Man, I know I'm not Sasuke, but I still am your best friend right?" Kiba looked hurt by my emotionless response.

I snapped out of it, trying to brush off my unnecessary feelings. "Of course! I can't wait to spend time with you just like the old times!"

He chuckled, "Yeah, just like the old times.."