Do you love me

8:41AM

While on the bus journey to the island, Kiba and I were listening to music, connected to my phone. Each of us had one ear bud in as we had our long overdue bonding session.

Just like old times.

It was almost during this hour that I didn't think or worry about Sasuke Uchiha.

It really felt like the old times.

Just Kiba and I..

It felt so different from Sasuke because he brings the whole chaotic world with him, and they love him to death. With their constant obsession, it was difficult for us to spend alone time.

Our bus finally reached the island with plenty of daylight to spare. We checked into our hotel rooms and proceeded to our rooms. Kiba and I started to unpack our bags and belongings for the weekend. He was skipping and humming, excitement gleaming through this eyes.

And I wish I felt the same.

But my hands were constantly itching for my phone to check if Sasuke had sent me any messages. I haven't heard from him since he ended the video call. I placed my phone facing down onto the bedside table and crawled into bed. I sighed heavily, staring into space.

Kiba caught glimpse of this and stopped hanging up his outfit for tomorrow. "What's up? You don't seem happy at all."

"Trust me.. I am." I forced a smile on.

He made his way over to my bed and sat on it, "I've known you for so many years. You think I won't notice if you're genuinely happy or not?" He patted my head in a comforting manner.

"It's just me and my thoughts. I'm just feeling some insecurities." I shrugged it off as though it didn't bother me.

"And that's totally fine to feel that way. I mean you are dating a celebrity after all. But just know that you are Naruto Uzumaki.. and you are absolutely perfect ..in my eyes.." I could barely hear last part, it was more of a whisper.

"Honestly, I understand why you would feel insecure, but I can't understand why you would actually feel insecure. Have you seen the way Sasuke looks at you?" He continued as he chuckled, "I recognised that look because I look at you the same way.."

He dazed into my eyes as if he was entranced by my face. There was a solid 5 seconds of silence and while that silence was in place, we were both looking straight at each other.

He almost looked sad.

"Knock, Knock! Teacher is calling all students to gather for lunch!" One of our classmate pounded on our door while announcing and this interruption immediately broke our moment.

I jogged up to the door, cracking it open. "Coming!" I answered and waited for Kiba to join me at the hallway.
We scrolled down in absolute silence, as we were about to click the button that calls for the elevator our finger tips touched and I withdrew myself as quick as lighting.

What was that?
Why do I suddenly feel awkward with Kiba?

...

Students were flooding the hotel's restaurant, everyone grabbing their plates and loading it up with the wide spread of food that the restaurant's buffet offered. With people all around, it helped lessen the tension between us. All I could think was what Kiba said to me.

If he looks at me the same way Sasuke does..

But theres no way.
He had girlfriends.. and we've been friends for so long. Why would he only confess now?
..
Maybe it's a misunderstanding. It could be admiration?
Yeah.. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

It was a constant debate in my head trying to dissect what exactly Kiba implied.

12:05PM

Kiba and I found a table with our classmates, but as I wanted to take a photo of the huge plate of food I was having for lunch to send Sasuke, I realise I had left my phone on the bedside table in my hotel room.

"I left my phone upstairs, please go ahead and eat first." I informed the table of people before I getting up. But as I rose from my seat and took a step further from the table, a grip held me in my tracks. I looked behind me to see Kiba holding onto my wrist.

"Let's eat together first, shall we?" He grinned as he requested.

I took a second of hesitation to rationally think it through. Ever since I met Sasuke, we were inseparable. And maybe this time apart between us would do us good.

I smiled, nodding to him.
"Alright! Let's eat." I reached for his hand on my wrist.