048. happily ever after

Hello! I have one thing to say before we get on with this chapter.

I am aware of how incredibly long this chapter is, but it's the final one and I wanted to go out with a bang. Every single detail in this chapter is extremely important, and I beg that you don't skim through it.

In the past, people have skimmed through extremely long yet important chapters of my stories and it's very irritating when they miss out on such important details. Everything is here for a reason. So please, read every bit. Take your time.

Now, on with the final chapter of Fanboy.

•••

After the gorgeous ceremony for Diego and Zendaya, it was now time for the wedding party. But, the best man and maid of honor had to wing their speeches for the newlyweds.

"Can I get everyone's attention please?" Indigo yells out, and everyone turns to her. "Oh, that was easy."

"It's time to start the speeches, starting with the maid of honor." Tom announced.

"Nice intro." She whispered.

"Thanks, I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing." He whispered back. They were basically winging this entire thing, so they were doing the best they could.

"Same. Ahem," Indigo coughed, ready to begin her speech. "um, Z, Diego, I'm so happy that this has happened. I remember when Z first discovered that Diego even existed, and boy was she swooned immediately. I mean, us Rivera's have naturally good looks-"

"That's right!" Papa Rivera yelled out.

"Thanks, Papa. Anyway," She continued. "there couldn't have been a better time for you two to get married. I can safely speak for everyone that we had all been dying for you two to get back together, and who would've thought that we would've got a wedding out of it? But at the end of the day, it's clear that you two are meant to be, and I'm so glad to have a sister in law like you."

"And now it's time for the best man, aka me." Tom took the microphone from Indigo, and began his speech, one that he was improvising completely. "Um, having known Diego for quite some time, I would've never thought that he was the type of relationship guy. I mean, have you heard his stories from college?"

"Oh, jeez." Diego buried his face in his hands. He did some pretty wild things in college, but there was no way he was gonna talk about it at his wedding.

"So when Indie told me that Diego had taken a liking to Zendaya, I thought she was messing with me! But then we ended up spying their first date, and we didn't even know that we were witnessing true love right then and there!"

"Hurry up, please." Indigo whispered, and Tom nodded at her, wrapping up his speech.

"That night was truly the, well, start of something new," He winked, thinking that he was so funny when he made the High School Musical reference. "and I'm glad that it's lead us to this. Congrats you two."

"Alright!" Indigo took the microphone from Tom, then asked if Papa Rivera or Zendaya's parents had any words. "Would the parents like to say a few words?"

"Bad idea, Indie. Bad idea." Diego said, giving her the famous Rivera death glare.

"You can't stop me, son." Papa Rivera stood up, and Indigo went to hand him the microphone.