039. without you

1 week later

Zendaya missed Diego, and she hated it. She hated that the man she had so much hatred towards was someone she wanted and needed right now. Part of her wishes Diego would kiss her and tell her that he's hers, but another part of her wanted to push him away and tell him to never see her again.

She was an extremely stubborn person. Once you break her trust, you're gonna have the hardest time gaining it back. Diego was in that situation, and he felt as if his chances were extremely slim.

On the other side of the country, Diego was missing her. He had been missing her for months. He knew that she was the one, and Diego let her slip away from his fingers.

The kiss from New Year's never left his head. He practically relived it in his dreams every night. The way she grabbed him as if she were desperate for him. The way her hair looked in the moonlight. The way their passion exploded within one short kiss. It was everything he wanted and needed.

Little did Diego know that the kiss never left her head either, but it wasn't exactly for the same reason. Zendaya couldn't comprehend why she did it. Was it for closure? Maybe. Was it because she missed him and wanted him back? Also maybe.

The two were worse without each other. Before meeting, the days would just go by, but after that, the world had changed forever.

Zendaya and Diego were meant to be together, someway, somehow. There couldn't be a world without them. Nothing felt right. No amount of guys and girls that seemed like Mr/Mrs. Right could change that.

Right now Zendaya sat in her LA home, watching Indigo's Rent DVD that she had left at her house. As much as she couldn't stand the movie, it made her think of Diego.

No matter how much she didn't want to, she couldn't not think of him. Zendaya had never had a guy make heart skip a beat, but Diego was able to do that.

She used to be the strongest believer in keeping her relationships private, but she didn't want to keep Diego private. She wanted everyone to see how happy and in love she was, but she didn't exactly want everyone to see the heartbreak that she experienced.

It was incredibly hard to put on a smile for the public and act like everything was okay. Nobody realizes the pain that happens behind the scenes, and that almost hurt more than the breakup.

While Zendaya was watching her movie, none other than Indigo Rivera called, and she definitely didn't want the sister of her ex knowing how much she missed him. But Zendaya answered anyway, mainly because she didn't want to leave the girl hanging. "Hello?"

"Hey, um, really random, but do you happen to have my Rent DVD? I can't find it and I think-" Indigo paused the moment she heard a familiar sound in the background, then she realized that her question had already been answered. "Wait. Is that Rent playing in the background?"

"Maybe?" Zendaya replied, then immediately grabbed the remote and turned the volume down.

"Why are you watching my Rent DVD?" Indigo asked. She was going to also ask about stuff for bridesmaids dresses, but this could wait.

"Well some people need it more than you, Indie! Jeez!" She exclaimed, and sniffled right after. Indigo noticed this, and wondered if she was crying over her brother. "Are you crying?"