016. in la (part 1)

Hairspray Live rehearsals were starting in a couple days, so Indigo had to get to LA (once again) as soon as possible. She was offered a hotel while she was there, but Zendaya practically begged Indigo to stay with her since she's been super lonely. She definitely didn't mind though, she considered Zendaya a close friend.

Since both Tom and Indigo weren't going to be in their apartment for quite some time, someone had to take care of Tessa. That lucky person was Jenny, who currently had nothing else better to do. But, who wouldn't want quality time with Tessa?

"You sure you got this covered?" Indigo asked Jenny as she had her suitcases next to her.

"I got this!" Jenny reassured her. "I just hope she doesn't hate me."

"Tessa could never!" Indigo exclaimed. "Right Tessa?"

Tessa barked in response. "You are so lucky Ellie is good with pets."

"How are you two?" Indigo asked, changing the subject.

"She moved in." Jenny replied happily. "We're going on strong. I think she could be the one."

"She better be! Cause I actually think she's perfect for you." Indigo absolutely loved their relationship. She would hate to see another relationship go downhill.

"Ah, enough about me. You have a flight to catch!" She had to be at the airport in about an hour, and New York traffic was definitely going to suck.

"Oh my god you're right." She groaned. "My Uber should be here right now."

"I hope your Uber driver isn't creepy." Jenny cringed. She definitely didn't want Indigo living through one of those Uber horror stories. "Pft, me too."

Jenny and Indigo hugged one last time before leaving. "Bye. I'm gonna miss you."

"We're gonna reunite the day of the show. Don't forget." Ah, yes. Jenny was among the group of people invited to be in the audience, but the date felt so far away. "I know, but it's gonna be weird having you across the country."

"Don't worry about me. You have Ellie, and don't forget about Tessa." Indigo reassured her. This was worse than when Indigo moved out of their apartment. They were always so close to each other.

"I know." Jenny sniffled.

"I should probably go now." Indigo whispered.

Jenny agreed her, mainly because of the current pain she was going through. "Yeah, it kinda hurts to look straight up to stop my makeup from running."

"Don't cry!" She whisper yelled. "It's a "see you later" type of thing."

"God, that's so corny." Jenny laughed at her line. The two finally let go of the long embrace, and Jenny wiped away some tears. "I watch a lot of rom-com's, okay? I gotta go."

"Bye!" Indigo waved as she left the apartment and entered the elevator. She was definitely going to miss New York. It had always been her home, but now LA had to be her temporary home.

•••

PRIVATE CONVO
Indie 💙 [Indigo]
Daya 👑 [Zendaya]