015. out tonight

(I was gonna have this part in the last chapter but I didn't wanna make it too long OOPS)

INDIGO RIVERA TO STAR AS PENNY PINGLETON IN NBC'S HAIRSPRAY LIVE!

Mama she's a big girl now!

The young Broadway and Spider-Man star announced on her Instagram that she would be taking on the role of Penny Pingleton in NBC's Hairspray Live. It's no secret that the 22 year old has extreme talent. Rivera started her career on Broadway in the musical 13 when she was just a teenager!

She's now more widely known for starring alongside Tom Holland (her on-screen love interest and off-screen fiancé) and Zendaya in Spider-Man: Homecoming which was released in July. But now she's gone back to her roots to sing her heart out as Tracy Turnblad's best friend.

Indigo Rivera is due to make an upcoming appearance on the Tonight Show to talk about her role in the NBC production and hopefully spill some details on her engagement.

Hairspray Live is due to air on December 7th, and you can bet we're marking our calendars.

Related:

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! CAST ANNOUNCED

WATCH ZAC EFRON FALL IN LOVE WITH ZENDAYA IN THE NEW "GREATEST SHOWMAN" TRAILER

DIEGO RIVERA TALKS ABOUT DROPPING OUT OF LAW SCHOOL, WICKED, LOVE, TATBILB AND HIS STAR SISTER INDIGO RIVERA

•••

8.8 million likes
@indigoblue: I think we're besties now ?
Tagged: @jimmyfallon @fallontonight

View 143,941 comments

@username: name a more iconic duo I'll wait

@username: @username Indigo and Diego