012. take me or leave me

small time skip oops

Things were not going well for Zendaya and Diego. Ever since Diego got casted in To All The Boys I've Loved Before, things weren't the same. Distance hurt them more than ever before.

There were days and nights where she didn't get a single call or message. She knew he was only doing his job, but she would've appreciated something.

They were used to not being together 24/7 due to Zendaya living in LA while Diego was in New York. But now he's off filming a movie and it seems like he pretends she doesn't even exist.

It hurt a lot. She loved him more than anything, and it's still scary that she was able to fall in love so quickly. Never did Zendaya ever expect to fall in love with Indigo's brother, but it already happened.

She feared it would be over for them, but at this point it seemed like it was leading to that. Many nights she couldn't focus on anything because she was too busy waiting for a text back. There were times he even left her on read.

Diego was definitely having fun with his costar Lana, but she was definitely not the one to blame. She had a boyfriend, and Lana wasn't that type of girl, Zendaya knew that. Sometimes she would direct message Lana asking if Diego was okay, and she would always inform her. They had potential of being friends too.

They say distance makes us wise, but this wasn't the case at all.

•••

Girl Gang
Indie 💙 [Indigo]
Jen 🏳️‍🌈 [Jenny]
Z 👑 [Zendaya]
Laur 🥰 [Laura]

Z 👑
911

Indie 💙
Oh no
Is this about Diego again
Cause I will kill him
Jenny and I already have
it planned

Jen 🏳️‍🌈
I won't hesitate bitch

Z 👑
How did you know it
was about him

Laur 🥰
We can always tell when
something is wrong
Plus girls gotta look out
for each other !

Indie 💙
Yes !
We love you

Z 👑
I don't think I can do
this anymore
Like for real this time

Indie 💙
Is he still being distant?

Z 👑
What do you think

Jen 🏳️‍🌈
These men are TRASH
But I'll kill him

Laur 🥰
Daya if you think this is
what's best then you two
might just have to break up

Indie 💙
NO
THEY CAN WORK IT OUT
RIGHT??

Z 👑
I'll talk to you guys later

Jen 🏳️‍🌈
Well fuck

Indie 💙
Z no 😔

•••

Zendaya went onto the next flight to New York. This was for the best.

She headed to Diego's apartment knowing he wasn't there, but she needed to grab some things she left the last time she stayed there.

She used the key he had given her months ago, and when she entered it felt dead in there. The place had been left untouched ever since he went away for filming. Everything remained the same.

As she grabbed some of her clothes and some small things she forgot about, her phone started ringing.

Diego.

Without hesitating Zendaya answered the phone. "Diego-"

"Hi." Diego said quietly, his voice raspy. "I've missed you."

He missed her? Mhm, sure. Zendaya wasn't having that one bit. "So you ignore my calls and messages?"

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that. You know I hate that." She spat. The only time he called her that was when he was drunk, so she had to assume this now. "Are you drunk?"

"Are you?" Yeah, he was drunk. This only pissed off Zendaya even more.

She sighed as she tried to keep her cool. "We've barely even spoken a word to each other since filming started. What the hell is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong!" Diego raised his voice a little.

"Then why have you been acting like I don't exist? I thought you loved me." She started to tear up saying those last few words. Never did she think that she'd have to question whether he boyfriend actually loved her or not.

"You know I've been busy." He replied, seeming a little annoyed. "You gotta take me or leave me, baby."

That was it. It was over. "Guess I'm leaving. I'm gone."

And with that she hung up then instantly burst into tears. She took deep breaths, surprised she was able to let go so quickly. That was all it took. Like ripping off a bandaid.

She had thought about this for some time, but Zendaya always had faith. This time she had lost all of it.

Zendaya ran out of the apartment, crying the entire way out of the building. She even cried in the taxi she was currently in.

She was lucky she came to New York because she knew exactly who to come to in a time like this.

"Daya? What's wrong?" She was at Indigo's front door, visibly upset.

"We broke up."

•••

Well

Rip Zendiego

Don't kill me pls

ALSO THIS ISN'T AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE Y'ALL REALLY THOUGHT