"She's really beautiful by the way. Now I see why we broke up." Beth said angrily through gritted teeth, completely ignoring what Austin was saying to her.

My heart was racing nonstop. I didn't know what to think.

Austin told me that they broke up because of Ava.

Not because of me.

"Beth. I know I didn't say it before but I'm sorry for what I did to you. I shouldn't have led you on. You're right. My heart was never in our relationship. And that wasn't fair to you." I heard Austin sigh. "But you had no fucking right to speak to Amelia like that. She is the mother of my child and I'm not going to have anyone talk to her like that."

"It's always about Amelia isn't it? You know something? The only reason I didn't claw her eyes out was because that baby was in her arms." She spat angrily.

Holy fucking hell this girl was insane.

I couldn't stop myself from peering around the corner so I could get a view of them. I watched as Austin walked up to her closely and leaned down to her.

His voice was low and serious as he cornered her to the door.

"If you ever come near Amelia or threaten her again, I will have you arrested and thrown into jail. Don't underestimate me. Now get the fuck out."

I watched as Beth swallowed hard, finally getting the message.

"I hope she makes you happier than I ever could." Beth said bitterly before I heard Austin slam the door shut.

I stood still holding onto Ava as I tried to process everything i had just heard.

I heard Austin's footsteps get closer as I rushed through the kitchen. I pretended to shuffle through the fridge looking for a bottle of wine, trying my best to act like I wasn't eavesdropping on his entire conversation with his ex girlfriend.

"Hey, I don't see any wine in here." I said trying to act casual as he took Ava from my arms and gave her kisses.

"Amelia come here." He said as he took my hand in his and gestured for me to sit on a bar stool at his kitchen island.

He stood in front of me, his tall figure towering down above me as he watched me with sadness and frustration written all over his handsome face

He stood in front of me, his tall figure towering down above me as he watched me with sadness and frustration written all over his handsome face. He leaned down and pressed a kiss onto my forehead as he cupped my face with one hand and held onto Ava with the other.

"I'm so fucking sorry about what just happened."

"Austin don't apologize. It's okay, it's-" I began, looking into his regretful eyes.

"No. It's not okay. I didn't even know my ex was going to come here. I texted her that I was going to mail her all of her shit that she left behind when she moved out, and the next thing I know, she's telling me that she never moved out of Utah and she's outside the house." He stressfully squeezed his eyes shut. "She had no fucking right to call you that name Amelia. I won't have anyone disrespecting you."