The Strawberry Smoothie ❁

Start from the beginning

"Okay...what's so complicated about it?" A puzzled look took over his face.

What? Was he seriously asking me?

"A-are you actually telling me that..." I swallowed as I saw him anticipate for my next words. "That your mom is used to see some girl in your house this early?"

For a second, he appeared to be taken aback.

Damn, Byun Baekhyun please tell me I was wrong.

Without any words, he continued to stare at me for the next few seconds before looking away, smirking.

"So, is that how you think of me?" I was certain he sounded hurt, the look on his eyes was strong. "And you're not just some girl, I hope you are very well informed about that."

I felt guilty. I mean, I didn't...of course I didn't mean it that way.

"No." I sighed as my shoulders slumped. "Of course not Baekhyun." I added as I dismissed my hesitance to come near him by sitting next to him on the bed once more.

I immediately proceeded to stare at him but he refused to do the same by having his gaze steady on the floor. I was unsure but I lifted both of my hands to cup his face and made him look at me.

"Sorry." I muttered. "I was just so tensed, I guess I don't know what I was saying." I reasoned out and saw his eyes finally on me. "That was totally unnecessary."

I voluntarily took my hands off his face when he pulled me closer to him to plant a kiss on my temple.

"I'm sorry, the thought of meeting your mom just scares the hell out of me." I said, pinned next to his body.

"I understand how you must feel right now." He said when we faced each other once more. "But as I told you, it'll be fine." His lips formed into a reassuring smile. "You have nothing to worry about..." He trailed off wet his lips. "She's not like the mothers you see on the dramas. And if you're so concerned that she'll see you in pajamas, you should let it go. I already told her that you're here because you looked after her sick son last night and that you made me feel so much better." His smile went bigger.

Sure, I was relieved with what he just said but not totally. I guess I wouldn't until I finally meet her.

"I promise." He said once more as if he just read my mind. "She's not the type to hate the ones I love." He finished his statement with a slight pinch on my chin.

I blushed with the way he said it.

Gosh.

***

Baekhyun left me in the room when I asked him to give me time to at least make myself look presentable. I sprinted to the bathroom with my bag since I brought extra undergarments with me when I left Auntie's house yesterday. Well, it wasn't as if I was really thinking that I'd stay with him overnight though. I just mostly do it whenever I have to travel far. I know that sounded really defensive, though.

After washing, I went to the third closet on the left. Since, I couldn't really meet his mom with the clothes I came with yesterday, because that would just be so unacceptable, I was left with no choice but wear one of the two dresses inside the closet. I took the light blue one out first. It's a button down dress and it's very pretty. Too pretty she might think that I was making this meeting a big deal, which it really was for me, by the way.

I took the rust colored one out next. It's a wrap-around midi dress with very tiny mustard flower patterns. The three quartered sleeves styled beautifully in a slight puff. It's simple but also very pretty, so I instantly decided to go with it.