Chapter 33: Wound [/]

Začít od začátku

He didn't know why but he had decided to put it on that morning in an effort to feel close to Anaeya again.

But Anaeya still seemed a million miles away from him.

He sighed, and added, "And she's not telling me something." At that, Yashua gave him an astounded look.

"Christo," Dayana interrupted, blinking. She yawned, peering out the open window of the car. "I thought we were going to see my papa. Are we going to stay with you now?"

Christopher turned to the boy next to him, asking for guidance. Yashua smiled, urging him to answer.

"Si, Dayana. Ana went upstairs to get some clothes and then we will go to the hotel. Zabdiel and Joel are waiting for us there."

"Zabaddy!" the girl squealed, her arms opened wide. Christopher helped her out through the window and carried her as she yawned. "I want to show him my toys. Can I go upstairs and get them please?"

Just then, their heads snapped up when a shriek filled the air. Dayana buried her head in the crook of his neck, frightened. Without a second thought, Christopher quickly handed the child to Yashua and bolted up the stairs.

The apartment door was thrown wide open, the carpeted floors littered with broken glass and dolls twisted in awkward angles. He came to an abrupt halt at the kitchen.

The once polished kitchen where he had stolen Rayna's chimichangas was dripping with gooey matter and flour covered every surface like snow. Bags of corn was thrown into a large pot on the sizzling stove. Thankfully, someone had turned the fire off.

He presumed it was Anaeya.

He stalked into the living room, taking in the dreadful sight.

It was no better.

The fluffy cushions were stabbed repeatedly, cotton and springs popping from the seams. There were more toys on the floor. The television screen was smashed and the walls had been vandalised with every inappropriate drawing and curses in red spray paint.

"Ana!" he shouted. Christopher didn't care if the neighbours heard him. He only cared about her right then. "Ana! Where are you?!" He heard a squeak reply and followed it into Dayana's room.

The girl stood distraught in the middle of the room, the clutter forming a perimeter around her. He caught his girlfriend in an embrace, rubbing her back as she sobbed.

"What is this, Christopher?" Anaeya cried out. "Why must he do this? Tell me why I should let him have Dayana."

"He has no reason nor the right to take her away from you," he replied, firm. "She is yours." Anaeya gripped him tightly for support. "He can wreck hell if he wants but it will only make us fight for Dayana harder. He won't stand a chance as long as we are together."

~~~~~•~~~~~

"Hey, I just got off the phone with Erick," Christopher said, crossing his arms. He leaned against the door frame. Anaeya hummed in response, relief washing over her. "Rayna will stay with him in Tampa temporarily. It turns out they have a spare room because Yanelis is out of town."

"What about Syl?"

"She said that she will crash at Devina's in the meantime."

"Thank you. I am grateful."

"She is safe, Ana," he said, implying Dayana. The child had asked to be put to bed by Joel because Zabdiel had a last minute errand. The boy seemed troubled by the request but didn't face any struggles given how tired Dayana was. "I will keep all of you safe."

Anaeya paled at his words, her lips moving ever silently. She found herself doing that very often that day.

"Ana," Dayana murmured sleepily. The elder girl hummed, her attention instantly on the child. Anaeya closed the distance between them and sat on the bed, caressing Dayana's cheek. "Would you still love me if I did something bad?"

"Of course!" Anaeya answered, smiling. "I will love you forever. If there's one thing I learnt from mummy, it would be that no one ever stops loving."

"Even bad guys?"

"Yes," Anaeya said, tucking the covers. Then, she turned to glance at Christopher by the door before looking back at Dayana. "I did something really bad before and I wasn't careful. Mummy was upset but she didn't abandon me because she loves me."

"What did you do, Ana?"

Anaeya stared at Dayana for awhile before closing her eyes. Although it had been years, the wounds were still fresh and too painful to bear.

It wasn't time yet.

She sighed, opened her eyes and said, "Maybe next time, okay?"

Dayana nodded, shutting her eyes. "You don't need to tell me, Ana. I know you didn't mean it to happen. You're not a bad person. I love you." Anaeya rubbed the girl's head lovingly and left.

"Do you think she knows?" Christopher asked. Anaeya carefully pulled the door close, leaving a small gap open.

"I wouldn't doubt it. She's a smart girl."

"Like her mother," he said, hugging her from the back. He buried his face in the crook of her neck. "Even if she knows, she'll wait for you. Tell her when you're ready. I'm sure she understands."

Anaeya nodded, massaging her head. She sniffled. "I'm so tired. All this trouble is making my head hurt."

"Why don't you go rest first, mi amor?" he whispered, pressing a kiss on her temple. "I'll get you some water and painkillers. You'll be better in the morning."

Unbeknownst to them, there was no medicine or person that could cure her pain.

Not even Christopher Velez.

Anaeya is keeping a secret

Anaeya is keeping a secret. Christopher is being cornered by lions. Mathias seemed relentless. And baby Dayana yearns for a father.

What do you think of Yashua's offer?

And the ending of this chapter.. hehe.. does it mean anything?

The next chapter is being edited and it will be up in a few hours!