Chapter 36

Gabriel

  It was dangerous, this direction we were heading in. This lust that inked my blood. This menacing yearning for more as I watched my wife sit back against that headboard of our bed, across from me.. Daring something so much more inside me that I feared to even admit.

  Blazing jades met mine.. Dazed with desire.. Pleading for pleasure. Yet she sat proud, this promiscuous wife of mine. Her little pointy chin up, her crimson lips set.. Her hair falling wild, but contained. Yes, she sat proud as if waiting for my instructions.

  My voice was almost beastly when I spoke. "Spread your legs for me, love. Let me see you."

   Perhaps any other woman would be shocked from that request.. But, not my wife. Not Leah. No, she was the same woman that had sat in a chair and spread her legs for me.. That had let me taste her and watched in the mirror as I did.

  A groan rose in my chest as she followed my request now. So beautiful, sitting there on the bed, spreading those slender legs as she held my gaze. So wanton. So in-control even as she let me think I controlled her.

  My loins throbbed with need. I ground my teeth as she brushed her fingers over those silken panties, right at her center. Four steps, I thought. It would take me four steps to seize her. Take her. Have her.

  "You always look and never touch." Her words were feathery in the silence. 

  "It's for both our sake." I recalled how close I had been to telling all my secrets to this woman, and it was mere proof how much distance the two of us required. "I may not be able to touch, but you can. Touch yourself. Let me at least see you in pleasure."

  And Lord, those delicate fingers, slow and certain, pushed the fabric of her panties aside.. Revealing those secret folds, pink and soft.. Running two fingers over the delicate pearl at top and pressing her head back against the headboard.

  It awoke havoc inside me. Nearly had me spending in my pants right damned then. "Are you wet?" My voice was quiet, but far too deep to pass unnoticed. Those jades never left mine as she nodded. "Good. How does that feel? Talk to me, my heart."

  With her head leaned like that, I could see the gentle column of her throat move as she gulped and closed her eyes for a few seconds.

  "Frustrating." She said.

  I suspended the urge to grin at that because it was far too frustrating for me too. To watch her. Merely watch her and not be able to touch her and taste her and damned well feel her wrapped around me. Lord.

  "And how does it feel when you're alone in your bed at night and touch yourself before sleep?" I looked at her then, finding those eyes drooped to my groin where I was hard and damned desperate for her. "Does it feel the same as it does now as I'm watching you?"

  And then, because I knew she was looking at me, following my every move just as I was hers, I ran a hand over my shaft, rock-hard beneath my pants, and heard a sighing moan mix with my growl.

  To see her desperate and willing, following my instructions, following my every movement.. It nearly undid me. Perhaps it meant taking advantage of both our desires at that point, but I couldn't.. Simply couldn't allow myself near her without risking everything we had built so far. We both knew that.

  "No," She answered then as she brushed her fingers in rhythmical circles over her cleft. "No, it's even more frustrating that you just sit there and—" Sighing, she closed her eyes. I gripped the arms of the chair, refusing to spill in my pants like some youth. "You know, I think about that night. About the things we did. The things said.."