Chapter 25

Leah

  I should've known. I should've known how addictive his closeness would become. How sinful those kisses were. How damned intoxicating his lips were.

  It was all a game, these conditions we had agreed on. A game of want and wanting. What thrived between us was plain physical desire. Maddening lust that had been forbidden for so long, it turned into torture.

  But I was Mrs. Valentine now. Gabriel Valentine was my husband. And after marching into my office and arguing with me about absurdities, he was kissing me senseless.

  My fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him closer, kissing him deeper. Truly, it was madness what this man was doing to me. Tingles rushed up my legs by the mere feel of that possessive tongue, those wicked lips that showed every crude, immoral thing that crossed his mind..

  And now I was thinking of him. In bed. Feeling every ridge and muscle on his naked body underneath my fingers. And lips. A moan of desperation was muffed in my throat.

  He kissed me more for it, so deeply that I found myself on the desk behind me in seconds, pulling him closer to myself. Those breaths and sighs and anguished grunts of his hinted the edge of his resistance. The line between despair and control.

  "Leah," His tone was strangled, gruff with need. And my name never sounded better. His hands were everywhere, and they left electric tremors behind every touch. I kissed him harder. "Christ."

  He pulled me against him, standing close between my thighs. Those wicked lips left wet kisses down my neck. And while his grip against my hips tightened possessively, a throaty groan of resistance vibrated against my neck.

  His lips moved against my ear. "Stop this this moment, or by God, you're leaving this building thrown over my shoulder." My body was limp. I clung onto his shirt to hold him close.. Those greens were dark with lust. "I'm not planning on taking your virtue on this desk."

  I found myself smiling. "I haven't asked for my one night yet." Those lips did devilish things.. The trace of kisses he left down my neck had me closing my eyes with a sigh.. Feeling his grip around my hips tighten.

  "Ask." He growled, pulling me to himself. "Ask me, damn you." There was despair there. Anguish almost.

"No." And my answer was followed by a grunt of disapproval. He looked at me. "When you made up this condition, you knew I'd never— Never fulfill it." I fixed his collar, focusing on my hands on his chest. "I'm not losing this game."

  That bold gaze of his roamed over my cleavage. "Teasing minx." My blood was already rushing through my ears. When he grinned, that loud thumping of my heart stopped for a second. "I'm not losing either."

  "Good." I hopped down from the desk. "Unconsummated marriage is easiest to get annulled."

  That gruff sound in his throat was a mere disapproval to my words. He didn't say anything though. Those intense greens searched the desk somewhere behind me, before he frowned and stepped back.

  "Why haven't you eaten your lunch yet?"

  I walked over where the box was. "I'm redecorating. I've been working since I got here."

  The lunch Denise had put up for me was untouched, but I'd had enough food the previous night at the wedding. I was still full. From that serious knitting of his brows, something told me he wouldn't believe me if I said so, though.

  "Well, you're done for today then. I'm taking you to lunch and then we're going home. It's nearly five."

  I watched him walk around my office.. All that power and vigor of his large presence didn't fit with the ambient. Those flowers, the light decorations and books all around.. Heavens, he looked ridiculous around all of it.