Home

Natalie

"We have to go" I frown.

"This sucks. Can't we just stay?" Carter looks up at me as he holds Daniel.

"Baby, we have to get everything ready" I walk to him.

He looks down at Daniel then back up at me. "He's coming home today?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Not today, baby. Not today"

I see the hurt in his eyes.

He really wants his little boy home.

That's all he wants.

Daniel has been at the hospital for a month now and he's doing everything on his own which is amazing!

Carter thinks he's coming home in two weeks, but really he's coming home tomorrow!

It's a surprise for Carter!

Though, it breaks our heart every time we have to go home. We see him at least three times a day for a few hours.

"We'll be back in a few, Daniel" Carter kisses his head.

"Mommy and daddy love you a lot" I smile and kiss his head too before Carter puts him down. "See you later, baby!"

He coos and it instantly makes our heart break. "God damn, stay strong Archer" Carter turns his back and runs his fingers through his hair.

I rub his back. "Let's go baby"

He takes my hand and we leave the hospital.

**

"He looks exactly like you, Carter" Jackson laughs.

"Strong genetics" Everest chuckles.

Carter smiles and puts his phone away. "Ready to go back to the hospital?" he asks me.

I frown. "I'm sorry baby, but we can't. We have to finish with his nursery"

"Are you serious? Can't we do it tomorrow?" he asks in disappointment.

"Babe, we've been holding it off saying lets do it tomorrow. And we never do. We're not even close to being done!" I cross my arms.

He groans and rolls his eyes. "Well you guys can finish it. I'm going to see my son"

"Fine" I get aggravated and watch him leave.

"You still haven't told him?" Laura asks.

Everest shakes his head. "No, he's clueless"

"Nice" Laura says.

I sigh.

The guys all look at each other. "We'll help you fix up the nursery" they say.

I smile. "Yay! Thank you!"

"Let's get a working!" Tucker laughs and we all jog to Daniels room.