40. Future

One year later...

Tyler giggled into Josh's chest, making his heart swell. "You really said that to her?"

"Yes!" Josh laughed. "I told her that if she had a problem with the CEO of Primgold being gay then she could go to Apple because their sales were hurting compared to mine anyway."

"It's hot when you talk business," Tyler giggled again. "I don't always understand it but you're good at being sexy."

Josh smiled. "I know," he teased and kissed Tyler's forehead.

Tyler hummed and swung their hands together as they continued to walk down the beach. Josh had surprised him with a vacation to Hawaii and Tyler hesitantly agreed, thinking something was up.

Something was up. And that something was about to occur on the beach.

Tyler just didn't know it.

"Hey," Josh spoke, stopping. Tyler stopped as well, a curious look on his face.

"Yeah?"

Josh grabbed his face and kissed him passionately. Tyler reciprocated, letting his arms rest around Josh's waist. They pulled back and Josh blushed slightly. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself. The sun's setting and you just looked breathtaking."

Tyler blushed as well. "Josh," he whined.

"Stop. Let me compliment you."

Tyler just smiled and shook his head, continuing down the sand.

Josh was about to say something when Tyler yelled. "Ow! Fuck!"

The blonde's head snapped over and he saw Tyler clutching his foot. "Ty? What's wrong?"

The mentioned removed his hand and Josh saw blood and a rock in the sand. "I sliced my foot," Tyler explained through clenched teeth.

"Shit," Josh stressed, pulling his shirt off so he could wrap it around his boyfriend's foot.

"I'm fine," Tyler assured. "I don't want to attract any attention."

"You're bleeding," Josh looked up at him like he had gone crazy.

"Babe," Tyler smiled. "I'm gonna be alright. Let's just walk back up to the— Josh!" He stopped and gasped when Josh picked him up, holding him bridal style.

"I'm gonna carry you back," Josh insisted.

"Josh," Tyler whined. "I'm a big boy I can walk by myself."

"I don't care," Josh replied, walking towards the door to their hotel. They were lucky it looked out on to the beach so they could just go back their room to fix Tyler up.

Tyler smiled and relaxed into Josh's chest. "I love you," he said quietly, slowly tracing Josh's bicep with his finger.

Josh smiled back and kissed his forehead. "I love you too."

The two were silent as they continued to the elevator and rode it up to their room. Josh had to set Tyler down to get the key out of his pocket to let them in but as soon as the door clicked he was picking the younger back up again.

He walked in and into the bathroom, setting Tyler on the counter. "I'll be right back," Josh told him before going back out and over to Tyler's suitcase. He zipped it open and pulled out to first aid kit, going back to his boyfriend. "Thank God you're a pharmacy technician because I don't think you'd have first aid if you weren't one."

"Too many accidents can happen it's good to be prepared," Tyler replied seriously.

Josh set the box on the counter and chuckled, opening it. He stared at all the different bottles, confused. "Ty? Which one's the hyd—"

"Just use soap and water. Hydrogen peroxide might hurt the tissue," Tyler informed. Josh nodded and quickly washed his hands.

"Okay, sit with your foot over to sink so I can clean it."

Tyler turned and positioned himself as he was told. "Done."

"You can squeeze my arm if you need to."

"I'll be fi— fuck!" Tyler howled in pain, gripping Josh's arm. His nails were digging into the older's skin but he didn't say anything as he cleaned the wound.

Once was done, he wiped the water off of the unharmed skin and let it dry for a second. "Ty, you can let go now."

Tyler realized he had a death grip on Josh's arm and released it. He saw the nail marks and gasped. "Oh my God I'm so sorry," he began. "I didn't know I was hurting you, you should've said something."

"I'm alright," Josh assured, smiling.

He waited a little longer for it to dry before putting antibacterial cream on. He set gauze on top and wrapped it with a bandage since the cut was in too weird of a spot to hold a band aide.

Josh cleaned up the mess and washed his hands again before looking at Tyler. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, noticing the tears in the younger's eyes.

Tyler looked at him, letting out a small sob. "I love you so much," he blubbered. "You're taking care of me and making sure I'm okay and I'm just so fucking in love with you. You've been nothing but a sweetheart to me this past year and you eventually decided to trust me even though I know it was hard. I moved in with you and you never stopped treating me like I was the only person in the world. You're so good to me. Plus, you brought me on this trip for no reason at all. Who just does that?"

Well, Josh thought, not no reason. However, he was going to present that reason on the beach before Tyler hurt himself. It wasn't the brunette's fault, though. And Josh didn't want his plan to go to waste.

"Fuck it," Josh mumbled.

"What?" Tyler asked in a confused voice as he wiped his eyes.

He wrapped his arms around Tyler's waist. "Tyler Robert Joseph," he began. "I am so madly and deeply in love with you. You've truly changed my life for the better. We've had our ups and our downs and our issues but I only want to experience those with you for the rest of my life," Josh dug one hand in his pocket, grabbing the small box in there.

"I know traditionally I'm supposed to get on one knee but we're in a bathroom and I'd be looking at the counter the whole time. I'll get on my knees for you later," Josh joked, making Tyler let out a watery laugh. He knew the younger was crying. Josh pulled the box out completely and opened it, showing Tyler the ring inside. "All that aside," he smiled. "Will you marry me?"

Tyler's lip wobbled as he started at Josh. "Are you sure you want this? I've fucked up so much."

"But that was a year ago and you've grown so much as a person, Ty," Josh insisted, scared Tyler would say no. "You got your own job and you always make sure to text me periodically when you go out and send me updates. You've become a whole different person and for the better. I can tell you genuinely care for me and I want to spend my future with you. Only if you want to though."

Tyler nodded furiously, a sob leaving his mouth. "Yes, I want to," Josh felt tears gather in his own eyes as he grabbed the ring and slid it on Tyler's finger. Tyler threw his arms around Josh and pulled him in for a kiss.

Josh reciprocated and once they pulled back, he spoke. "We should probably tell someone about the bloody aggression rock on the beach, shouldn't we?"

Tyler laughed and wiped his eyes. "Yeah, probably," he paused. "I am so in love with you."

Josh smiled and kissed him again. "I am so in love with you too, beautiful."