10. Mood

Josh woke up the next morning in a shitty mood.

He had a nice night with Tyler but he didn't end up going to sleep until late so waking up was hell.

On top of that he went to his bathroom and discovered he was out of contacts so he had to wear his glasses. He was supposed to have gotten his prescription in the mail yesterday but he had been so preoccupied with Tyler he hadn't even noticed they didn't ever show up.

Once the doors dinged and slid open, Josh ran a hand through his hair and walked out to make his way towards his office. He entered the room and shut the door behind him before sitting down and putting his head in his hands. He let out a huff then removed his hands and powered up his computer. It was barely past seven and his day was already terrible.

Realizing he was missing something, annoyance covered his face. He scowled and pressed a button on his phone. A few moments later it beeped and he spoke. "Hayley?"

"Yes, Mr. Dun?"

"Where the hell is my coffee?" He snapped, typing his password into the computer.

Hayley went silent for a moment before responding. "I'm sorry sir, I'm walking to the elevator now. The line in be coffee shop was insane."

"I don't care. Get here. Now," he barked, picking up the phone and setting it back down so it hung up.

Once Josh was signed in and onto his browser, he went to his email and his face paled as he saw he had over a thousand new emails since Friday. He usually at the very least replied to them on his days off but between going to the gym with Jenna and going out with Tyler he hadn't found the time.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and it opened. Hayley walked in, letting out an exhausted breath. "I'm so sorry, sir," she repeated, setting the coffee cup on his desk in front of him.

Josh didn't respond as he began replying to one of many emails.

Hayley began speaking again. "Mr. Weekes's assistant emailed me this morning and said there was an emergency back at his headquarters and he had to fly back to deal with it so he can't meet today."

Josh's fingers froze on the keyboard and he tore his eyes away from his computer screen. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

Hayley's eyes widened ever so slightly. Josh didn't throw around the word 'fuck' very often. He did it even less at work. "No," she shook her head. "He said he'll contact either you or I and let one of us know when he can be back."

Josh sighed and took his glasses off to rub his nose in frustration. "Okay," he breathed out. "Thanks. You can leave now."

Hayley nodded before leaving the room, shutting the door behind her gently. Once it was closed Josh let out a groan.

The business man didn't even get done with reply to emails until ten thirty and then he had to finish up more sales and reports. Deciding to take a break, he got up to stretch and throw away his coffee. The man had been so zoned in that he didn't even hear the commotion going on outside of his office.

The blonde opened the door to see three of his coworkers gathered around a cubicle as they laughed loudly and drank coffee. Since Josh was already in a pissy mood, this only amplified it more. "Excuse me?" He walked over to them. The all stopped and stared at Josh, confused. "Are you guys done with your work?"

"Well, um, no—" one of them began whom Josh cut off quite quickly.

"Then why the hell aren't you doing your job?" He asked. "Do I pay you to stand around and gossip?"

The didn't reply.

"Do I?" He repeated, his voice raising ever so slightly.

"No, sir," another responded as all their faces reddened.

"You have thirty seconds to get back to your desks or else you're all fired. I'm not giving you a job just for you to slack off and not do it. Do I make myself clear?"

They all nodded and the three dispersed which left the last one sitting in the chair that belonged to the cubicle. "Sorry, Mr. Dun," they looked down shamefully.

"You should be. I don't want this to happen again," he told them sternly before walking back to his office, shutting the door louder than usual to make a point.

It wasn't fair that they got to sit there and not do their shit while Josh had to come into to work and see over a thousand emails the day after his day off. He was busting his ass for this company and if his employees weren't going to as well, they wouldn't be his employees anymore. Plain and simple.

Josh began working on the other things he needed to as he felt a small headache coming on. Of course that would happen to him now.

At around 12:30, his phone began beeping. Josh set his pen down and clicked a button on the machine so it was on speaker phone, just like before. His eyes caught the small screen and saw the caller ID was his assistant. "Yes?"

"There's a man down in the lobby requesting to see you, Mr. Dun," she spoke. "He doesn't have a badge and he stood there arguing with the receptionist saying he knew you."

"Name?" Josh sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Tyler Joseph."

Josh's ears perked up at that. "Send him up."

The blonde was confused. Why was Tyler here?

A few moments later there was yet another knock on the door and Hayley entered, Tyler in tow. "Everything good, Mr. Dun?"

"Yes, Hayley, thank you. Please shut the door."

She did as told which left the two men alone in the room. Josh noticed Tyler was holding a bag— of what Josh didn't know. "Hi," Tyler smiled. "I remembered you said you worked here so I thought I'd bring you lunch. The receptionist downstairs is a bitch though you might wanna fire her," he sat down in the chair in front of Josh's desk. "I didn't know you wore glasses. You look adorable."

"I ran out of contacts," Josh couldn't help but smile. Then he realized that Tyler had said why he was there. "You brought me lunch?" The truth was, the man wasn't planning on eating lunch. He had too much work to do.

"Did you already eat?" Tyler asked, worried.

"No," Josh shook his head with a slight chuckle. "Thank you, Tyler."

"Mhm!" He smiled and set the bag on the desk. Josh saw that it said McDonald's and his nose scrunched up.

"I haven't had McDonald's in years," he confessed, peering into the bag.

"Wait for real?" Tyler looked offended. "I don't think I could live without it," he giggled. "I didn't know what you liked so I got you fries, nuggets, and a cheeseburger. I kinda asked for all the sauces too. If you don't want it I'll take it."

Josh smiled and felt himself blush a little bit. It was a sweet gesture. "This was very nice of you."

"I know," he giggled once more. "I didn't want to show up and have you think I'm a stalker but I had such a nice time last night and I missed you," he gave Josh a lopsided smile.

"Well I appreciate it," Josh opened the bag and took the items out. He unwrapped the cheeseburger and took a cautious bite. It actually... wasn't that bad. Josh was used to fine dining and expensive food and this cheeseburger couldn't have been more than a few dollars but it still tasted good. Or maybe Josh was just really hungry.

He was starting to think the latter when he ate all the food in twenty minutes, making conversation with Tyler as he did so.

It definitely put him behind schedule but it also lifted his mood. Maybe it wasn't a completely bad day after all.