19. Flustered

Tyler made his way to the door of Josh's condo and pressed the doorbell. Josh had told him they were just staying at his place for the date which meant Tyler couldn't get him to buy anything for him which kind of sucked but at least he could have alone time with Josh.

Due to his hookup from the bar a few nights ago he has to wear a turtle neck again. Josh said he looked cute though so he didn't think the blonde suspected anything. Tyler had been holding a cold spoon and applying his aloe lotion to all the hickies he got and they had disappeared considerably but he still wasn't completely safe yet.

He waited a few more seconds before the door opened to reveal a smiling Josh. Tyler almost gushed at the sight. He was literally just in black jeans and a shirt but he was wearing his glasses and Tyler loved him in glasses even though he's only seen it the one time he brought Josh lunch. "Hey," the blonde greeted. "You look cute."

"I know. You look cute too," Tyler grinned, walking in. However, he stopped when he passed through the doorway, holding in a gasp as he took in Josh's condo. It was insane how nice it was. It was insane how opulent Josh was. He turned the man. "Nice place."

"Thanks," he chuckled. "I'm not here very often. I think today's the longest I've been home not sleeping  in years."

Tyler couldn't fathom that. He couldn't understand why Josh would want to work that much. He has an empire. He can get people to do whatever he wants or needs.

He shook his head slightly, ignoring the thoughts. "So what are we doing?"

"Well," Josh grabbed his hand, taking him into the kitchen. "I was thinking instead of ordering food we could make it."

Tyler saw the ingredients for tacos laid out on the kitchen counter. He internally groaned. He didn't know how the fuck to cook. He made Brendon do everything for him. "We're making dinner?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah!" Josh replied excitedly, going over to the sink and washing his hands. As he pumped soap onto his hands he looked back at Tyler. His face fell. "What? What's wrong?"

Tyler bit his lip slightly, hoping to get out of this with the art of seduction. "I don't know how to cook," he whined.

Josh laughed. "Neither do I. I've used this kitchen less than a dozen times in the five years I've lived here. We'll figure it out together. It can't be that hard."

Tyler suppresses a groan. He didn't want to put the effort in but he didn't want to lose Josh. "Okay," he nodded, going over to the sink as Josh was drying his hands off.

After they both washed their hands, they stood at the counter and stared at the ingredients. "I guess we start then?" Josh spoke, grabbing the ground beef and putting it in the skillet. He turned it on and watched as it began to cook.

The two made conversation as the meat cooked, Josh breaking it up and moving it around as they did so.

"How was work?" Tyler asked as Josh grabbed him a knife and set the lettuce and tomato by the cutting board.

"It was alright," Josh shrugged, pouring the seasoning on. "It felt weird to leave early but I went to the store and took a shower and had a minute to breathe. It was nice."

"See?" Tyler hummed. "Taking the afternoon off was good for you. I'm so smart," he giggled. He felt arms wrap around his waist and gasped. Looking to the side he saw Josh smiling at him.

"Yes you are," he replied, pressing a kiss to Tyler's lips. The brunette melted into it and when he pulled away his cheeks felt warm. He was getting flustered and he never got flustered.