13. Honest

Josh sat at his desk, going through a few emails while he waited for his interviewee to show up. The time scheduled was for two and it was currently 1:45. Being ten minutes early was being on time. Being on time was late.

The girl was actually really impressive for her age. But her role in Primgold relied on how she behaved as a person as well, not just her IQ.

Josh was in the middle of trashing spam emails when his phone rang. He pressed the button by the receiver so the call was on speaker. It was the secretary from downstairs, the "bitchy" one (Josh has had a few conversations with her and she seemed nice so maybe she was just in a mood the day Tyler spoke with her).  "Yes, Debby?"

"Your interviewee is here," she spoke. "Would you like me to send her up to your floor or is sales conducting the interview?"

"Send her up here please. Thanks, Debby."

"Of course, Mr. Dun," she replied before the call ended.

Josh sighed and logged out of his email, leaving the screen on the desktop. He grabbed his clipboard and the sheet of questions he typed up and printed off. He didn't ask the same questions every time but he liked to have them written down so he could fill out the answers to them as he asked them.

Shortly after he got ready, there was a knock on the door and Hayley walked in, followed by a woman that couldn't be any older than her mid twenties. She had blonde choppy hair pulled back into a bun and she also had bangs. Her skirt was... very short and Josh thought she could probably fasten at least two more buttons on her shirt. "Here she is, Mr. Dun," Hayley spoke.

"Thanks, Hayley," he watched her leave his office before shutting the door. He stood up and held his hand out. "Ashley Frangipane, correct?"

"Yes," she smiled and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you," he told her, letting go. He didn't fail to realize how her touch lingered for a moment. He acted like he didn't notice it though as he sat back down.

"The pleasure is all mine," she replied, sitting down as well and crossing her legs.

"Let's get started," Josh cleared his throat and picked up his clipboard. "So you graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with degrees in business and computer science?" He read from her resume which he had also printed off.

"Yes, sir," Ashley nodded.

"And you put you have an IQ of 135?"

"Yes," she repeated, grinning.

"Impressive," Josh admitted. "Tell me about yourself."

"Well," she took a deep breath, readjusting her position in the chair. "I'm 24 and I've been out of college for two years. Despite that, I've done some computer programming and I've worked an office business job so I have experience with both sides of Primgold."

"What were you like in high school?" He asked.

"Confident," she told him. "I still am. I dress how I want and I don't really care about what people think of me. I like having fun though and messing around sometimes so I guess it comes in handy then."

Josh blinked at her words. Ashley was being honest. He liked that. He liked honesty. "What else were you like?"

"I took all AP classes and started a girl coding club. I did chess club too. I dunno. I like proving that girls can be sexy and smart at the same time. Just because I like to sleep around doesn't mean I'm ditzy or dumb. I really like working with technology and hope to build an empire like you one day, Mr. Dun."

Josh took that in. She proved to be insanely intelligent and he liked how up front she was with her message. Obviously, Primgold didn't need a spokesperson to tell his buyers to "hoe around" but he appreciated how passionate and honest she was. "You do?"

"Of course," she smiled. "So many people admire you, Mr. Dun— including me. I've been watching you for a few years and it's insane how you built so much from noting. You're a genius."

He found himself blushing at those words. He got told all the time how many people admired him but it was usually because he was millionaire and not because of his brains. "Thank you," he smiled at her. "What would you say your strengths are in the career field?"

"I think I'm good at communicating. I really love talking to people. I'm honest too as you could just tell. I don't like liars I think it's pointless to lie. Lying just gets you into so much more trouble, y'know?"

Josh nodded, writing that down. So far, things were looking good for Ashley. Like she would be on his floor good. "What are your weaknesses?"

She was silent for a moment while she thought. "Sometimes I'm not very good with boundaries and I go a little too far. Which could be good or bad depending. I have troubling chilling out sometimes."

Josh wrote that down as well. She was right. That could be good or bad, depending. Josh really hoped it wasn't bad. For the sake of his company.

He asked her a few more questions and got to know her a little better. He had taken a liking to her and was a little disappointed when he was finishing up the interview. "Well," he began. "That's really all I have for you. Do you have any questions for me?"

"I don't think so," Ashley shook her head.

Josh nodded and stood up, Ashley doing the same. "That's about all. Things look good but you'll receive a call by Wednesday next week. Thanks for coming in Ashley, it was nice meeting you."

"You too, Mr. Dun. It was an honor to be interviewed by you," she told him, walking to the door.

"Have a wonderful day," he opened the door for her.

"You as well," she replied with a smile before walking out. He watched her walk to the elevator before shutting the door to his office and locking it.

Things were definitely looking good.