22. Mai Tai

"I've never had the apartment to myself for more than a night before I don't know what I'm gonna do while you're gone."

Tyler looked over from where he was packing his suitcase to see Brendon standing in the doorway, his arms crossed and his eyes on Tyler. "Maybe you can masturbate to some shitty porn and get drunk off of cheap wine while I go sit in an expensive hotel room with my boyfriend."

Brendon rolled his eyes and walked in, sitting on the bed. He peered into Tyler's suitcase and saw what he had packed in there, chuckling lightly. "Are you seriously bringing lube and condoms?"

"When in Rome!" He hummed. "Or well, you know, Anaheim," he winked at Brendon.

"I'm also not surprised you're packing—" Brendon paused to grab his phone. "Half an hour before Josh is coming to get you in the Uber."

"I didn't want to pack something and then need it," Tyler said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"When are you coming back again?"

"Monday night," Tyler replied.

"This is bullshit," Brendon said suddenly. "You're getting a free trip to California with your hot boyfriend."

"Sorry that I could actually get him to like me back," Tyler told him, going over to his closet to grab a few clothes.

"Sorry I didn't harass him and use him for money," Brendon quipped back.

"Sorry I'm smarter than you," Tyler decided. "Now, shoo. I need to finish packing and I don't wanna forget anything."

Brendon rolled his eyes and got up. "Dear God I hope you aren't like this when you get back," he mumbled as he walked out.

Tyler scoffed and turned back to his closet, rifling through his collection of sweatshirts stolen from ex-boyfriends to decide on which one to wear on the plane ride there since it was still cold here and he just wanted to be comfortable. He eventually picked a maroon one that said Harvard on it. That boyfriend was a genius but he wasn't smart enough to figure out Tyler was using him until three months after they got together.

Tyler hummed and tugged it on, throwing the rest of his things in his suitcase before zipping it up. Josh said he would be there in five minutes.

This was definitely going to be an enjoyable trip for Tyler.

---

"Last call for flight 201, first class—"

"I can't believe I'm sitting in first class," Tyler gasped excitedly, glancing around him even though they had sat down ten minutes ago.

"You've said that three times, baby," Josh laughed.

"I know but I still can't believe it. I never in a million years thought I'd be sitting in first class on my way to California. This is crazy," he breathed out.

A couple quickly hurried on and shortly after the pilot came onto the intercom and started a safety briefing, talking about exits and seatbelts and what happens in case of the plane crashing. Tyler blocked it out for the most part and Josh seemed to be as well because he was on his phone, paying what looked like bills. The blonde went over to his bank app and Tyler almost fainted. Holy shit had he made the right choice. He made a mental note that CEOs of companies were probably the best people to manipulate.

The pilot finished talking and moments later the plane took off, Tyler staring out the window excitedly. He had only been in an airplane one other time in his life and it had been on an impromptu trip to Vegas when he was nineteen with his now ex-boyfriend. Not the Harvard one, a different one. Tyler didn't even remember his name.

"You look happy," Josh spoke up, pulling Tyler out of his thoughts.

"I am," he smiled and grabbed Josh's hand. He noticed the way he didn't tense or flinch at first and Tyler's heart swelled up.

"I'm glad you wanted to come with me," Josh smiled back. "I didn't really want to go alone and I know we just started dating but I really really like you. I don't mind taking you with me to California and paying for it because I want to. I want to spend time with someone I really really like."

Tyler pressed a kiss to his cheek. "And I want to spend time with someone I really really like too. That's why I said yes."

Josh squeezed his hand slightly and they two sat there in silent for awhile. Suddenly, Tyler looked over and saw a flight attendant walking down the the aisle and his eyes caught the alcohol on the cart. He lit up.

Josh noticed this and laughed. "Do you want something?"

Tyler nodded happily and almost swooned when he saw him instantly engage in conversation when the attendant reached them. "What do you want?" He turned to Tyler with a gentle smile on his face.

Tyler blinked. "Um..."

"We have beer, wine, soda, juice, and cocktails like Mai Tais—"

"That!" Tyler interrupted excitedly. The attendant looked taken aback for a second before chuckling.

"Okay," she smiled. "What about you, sir?" She asked Josh politely.

"I'll just have a wa—"

"Get one for yourself I'll drink it if you don't want it," Tyler whispered in his ear.

Josh laughed. "I'll have one too," he told her.

She nodded and carefully made them each their drink before handing them over. "Here you go."

"Thank you so much," Josh told her. She smiled before walking off and helping someone a few rows above them.

"Cheers, handsome," Tyler held his drink up and Josh held his up as well. Tyler took a gulp of his but Josh held it to his tongue and instantly set it back down, grimacing as he did so.

"I don't think I like that," he slid it to Tyler. "Go ahead."

Tyler smiled and pressed a kiss to Josh's cheek once more. More time passed as they talked and Tyler drank both beverages in under and hour. He even requested one more for each of them (both for Tyler) when the flight attendant came back over. Tyler was definitely... feeling them.

"You're so handsome, Joshie," he giggled, tracing Josh's thigh with his finger. "I'm so lucky to call you mine... so so lucky."

Josh smiled and grabbed his hand. "I'm lucky to call you mine too, Tyler. Even more so when are you aren't drunk off your ass," he laughed.

Tyler sighed happily and rested his head on Josh's shoulder. "Do you wanna hear a secret?" He asked, yawning slightly.

"I don't know. Do you wanna tell me a secret when you're drunk at four in the afternoon?" Josh challenged.

"Of course I do, baby. That's why I asked," the brunette hummed and giggled into Josh's chest. "The secret is... that in my suitcase... I have condoms and lube because I really, really, really want to have sex with you. So bad. I was hoping it would happen in the hotel so I came prepared."

Tyler was too busy humming to himself to notice Josh's face get red. "Um, thank you for sharing, Ty. We can talk about it when you aren't wasted."

"Okay," he yawned once more. "I was up really late I'm gonna take a nap."

He heard Josh chuckle as he slipped his eyes closed. "Good night, Tyler."

"Good night, handsome."