16. Gooey

I'm currently finishing up planning this fic (with the help of the lovely roseyjoshua thanks t-dawg) but I have a few open chapters left so if there are any scenes or details you want to see in this fic let me know now and I'll definitely take it into consideration!

Josh sat in his office, working on another big sale when his phone rang. Not his office phone, his cell. He glanced over and saw the caller ID said Jenna so he answered it and put it on speaker. "Hey."

"Josh, oh my God," she breathed out. "Are you busy right now?"

"I'm working on a sale but I can talk. Why what's up?"

"So I just picked Hallie up from daycare—"

"Hello Uncle Josh!" A small voice yelled excitedly.

"Hey, Hals," Josh chuckled.

"Don't interrupt Mommy," Jenna told her. "Anyway I walked in and two kids were fighting."

"They were fighting?" Josh asked to clarify, an eyebrow raised.

"With tampons. They were sword fighting."

Josh busted out laughing. "You're kidding me."

"No it was the best thing I've seen all week," she laughed as well before sighing. "I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. Sorry I couldn't see you Saturday Emerson had a fever."

"It's alright," Josh assured.

"How was your date?"

It was currently Monday, two days after Josh's date with Tyler and he was still on cloud nine from it. He wasn't as stressed as usual and he felt blissful. Tyler kept sending him cute texts but no other date had been mentioned. Josh assumed it was his turn to schedule something so he added it to his to-do list so he wouldn't forget.

"Good," Josh replied honestly, smiling. "Really good."

"Aww," Jenna cooed. "Wait hold on I just got home let me get the kids situated and I'll call you back."

"Okay," he replied as the call ended.

He finished up the spreadsheet for the sale and sent it to the sales floor before going to his email and reading through those.

His phone began ringing again and he answered it, not bothering to check who it was since he knew it was Jenna. "Hi again."

"Okay tell me about your date!" She said excitedly.

"We went mini golfing and then got food at a diner and then went to his place and hung out before he drove me home," he said simply. "Since I planned the first date he wanted to plan the second one. Neither of us have mentioned a third date so I think I'm gonna ask him later today."

"That's so adorable," Jenna cooed. "See I told you! He couldn't have been all that bad!"

"He's not," Josh admitted. "Maybe I'm just getting old and thats how kids flirt now and I just missed it."

"Kids?" She asked, confusion evident in her voice.

Shit, Josh though. "Yeah uh..." he paused. "He's only 21."

Jenna was silent for a moment. "Oh."

"Yeah. And he has red lace panties and is a sex phone operator."

"...Oh," she repeated.

"But he makes me feel all gooey inside and he makes me laugh. When I'm around him I feel like I can breathe. I don't have to worry about shit anymore. I'm not Joshua Dun, CEO of Primgold Technology. I'm just Josh. He's fun and he makes me happy too, Jenna."

Josh could see her smiling as she spoke her next words. "So you really like him, huh?"

"So much," Josh sighed happily, completely abandoning his emails to talk to his best friend. "I'm in my early thirties and I sound like a school girl but I really do like him. He's different."

"Can I ask you a question then?"

"Sure."

"Does this mean you're gay? Or bi? Or...?"

"I don't know," Josh replied honestly. "No girl has ever made me feel this way but I also haven't been with any other guys to know if I'm attracted to all men or just Tyler."

"Okay," Jenna replied. "That's perfectly fine. As long as you're happy."

"I am," Josh smiled.

"Are you two official?"

Josh's smile turned into a thin line. Neither of them have asked each other so he didn't think so. "No. We've only gone on two dates."

"Well on your next one you should bring it up and see what he says. You obviously want to pursue something so just talk to him."

"I will," he assured her. "Thanks, Jenna."

"Of course, J," she responded. "I'm gonna go and let you get back to work. But hey listen."

"Yeah?"

"I'm proud of you, J."

"Thanks," Josh found himself beaming. "And thanks for forcing me to ask him out. I'm really glad I did."

"I'm glad you did too. Bye, Josh."

"Bye, Jenna."

The phone call ended but before Josh went back to his emails he clicked on Tyler's contact and called him next.

It rang three time before Tyler picked up. "Uh," he swallowed. "Hello?"

"Are you okay?" Josh asked, very concerned.

"Mhm. What's up?"

"Do you want to go on another date with me?"

"Of course!" Tyler agreed excitedly. "Can we do Friday instead of Saturday though? No reason I just feel like it's always Saturdays."

"I work on Fridays though," Josh reminded.

"So? Why don't you just leave work early in the afternoon on Friday? You're your own boss."

"Yes but—"

"C'mon, babe. For me?" He asked and Josh could practically see him frowning.

Josh gave in. He never left work early but he wanted to make sure Tyler enjoyed himself on their date. "Okay. I'll take off early."

"Thanks, Joshie," he hummed. "Any idea of what we're doing so I can be prepared?"

"Something chill. I liked the date you planned better than the one I did. It was more relaxing."

"Alright I'm—" he paused, gasping slightly. "I'm down with that."

"Okay," Josh grinned. "I gotta get back to work but I'll text you a plan and time for Friday."

"Alright, J. Bye!" He said quickly before ending the call.

Josh didn't acknowledge the weird behavior and went back to his emails. The smile was still resting on his face.

Although he had to take an afternoon off he was going to plan an amazing date and he hoped it was enough to whoo Tyler into being his.