The lady smiled and puffed her chest, "I think Christopher or Edmond."

The man laughed wholeheartedly as if he forgot about the prevailing menace he was sensing. "What? The poor bloke's gonna get tortured at school with that heavy name! I reckon Ash-"

Suddenly a huge blast behind them, sparks of dust and debris send both of them hurling in the front. The man wrapped himself around his wife so that she wouldn't get hurt. When they landed, His back hit the stony path which scraped off some of his skin. His specs were broken and their glass had scratched his eye. The woman groaned in his embrace.

"Are you alright sweetie?" He asked her while getting up, she looked distraught like she was in a great deal of pain.

Her eyes became unfocused as she croaked, "My water broke."

The man stared at her with his eyes full of amazement, he was going to be a father. He couldn't feel anything but elated at the thought of embracing his son in his own arms, cuddling and kissing him with his lips. But the sound of heavy footsteps approaching them told him otherwise. He hurriedly held his wife up and ran as fast as he could. The safe house was not so far away. If only his leg wasn't injured he could carry his wife to safety. They were only fifty meters away from the safe life when a gunshot echoed in the air.

It aimed at the ground in front of them and like a little explosive it sent debris and dirt flying towards them. His wife groaned in pain as she couldn't stand any longer. She knew her baby was coming, right then. The man stopped as a diabolic laugh echoed around them, he pulled out a silver ring from his pocket and wore it, within a split second it expanded and covered his left hand. It revealed to be a weapon of sorts with a little blaster at its end radiating blue light.

Realizing what was happening, the woman let out a cry, "We're nearly there!" she cried. "I need you honey, please don't go."

The fog surrounding them cleared and several men wearing black jumpsuits and weapons came towards them. The raven-haired man panicked, it was too late, he knew that. There was no way that both of them could make it to safety, he looked down at his crying wife and then back at the threat.

For a second, nothing else mattered. He had to get his wife and child to safety.

Whatever it takes, he said as he threw a ball of sorts into the air and blasted it bits with his silver blaster.

A transparent blue sheet formed in the thin air separating them from the attackers, buying them enough time to settle their previous talk. His dark grey eyes stared into his wife's brown ones as he smiled as he gave her a little black phone and pulled her in a passionate kiss.

"I love you," he said as the blue sheet dissolved which led to a hundred white lights coming towards them.

He pushed the woman forward as he took out his gun and charged towards them. The woman didn't look back and ran as fast as her legs could carry her.
Tears escaped her eyes as she heard the cries of her husband behind him, "Go!" He yelled while shooting.

She took out the black phone and pushed a red button which caused the device to radiate pangs of bright red light. She dropped it and ran again as drops of blood gushed out of her lower body. She collapsed on the ground as soon as she reached the gate to the safe house.

Her vision started to blur as she found herself drifting out of consciousness already. Her legs throbbed and her head arched into a splitting headache. She saw some flashed moments before she passed out, a man fighting alone as a few dozen men charged towards him. She saw him blast a few out of his way with his gun. She wanted to warn him when a man sneaked behind him and shoved his sword-like weapon into his leg.

The man's laugh stuck in her ear like an earworm, refusing to get out.

She saw the man look at her hungrily as he drove his sword in her husband's chest. His eyes, burning with madness, refused to reflect anything else.

She swore she would never forget the face of the person who shoved a dagger in her husband's heart before he could embrace his own child.

A bolt of blue lightning appeared in the sky as a jet soared the clouded skies, shooting white light towards the army.

The last thing she saw was a distant familiar body lying dead on the ground, his face swapped in blood, and hair caked in dust. The magic was gone from his cinnamon eyes, they were still, pained with separation.

She saw his smile before falling back into a trance so deep she feared she might never wake up. But she was okay with the notion.

After all, no one would have hated her for not having the courage to exist in a word which didn't have James in it.