Chapter 3 - Suit Up, Kids

Start from the beginning

Truthfully, I haven't heard from Tony since this break out. A few days after I found out about Peter, there was an incident with some of the Avengers. In Lagos, Captain America, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch and the Falcon we're trying to stop a biological weapon from getting into the wrong hands. However while using her powers, Wanda lost control and accidentally blew up a building and it killed a few people.

So now, the world's officials are creating this document called the Sokovia Accords, which means that the Avengers would no longer be a privatised organisation but instead would come under the control of the world's council. Instead of choosing to take on whatever mission they want, they would be restricted on where and what they can do.

There's a big divide about it, but I kind of can't help but agree in some sense. Don't get me wrong, they're heroes and the world should be grateful for what they have done... But if they were under a bit more control, maybe my parents would still be alive?

The final bell for home room goes and I turn to Peter, speaking quickly, "I gotta go..."

Turning, I rush off down the hallway and Peter calls out after me, "Lexi! Wait!"

But I don't. Instead I run in the opposite direction. Away from my problems and away from Peter Parker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony stands in front of me, pinching the bridge of his nose and his face contorts due to the massive headache he has. It's been a very busy week for him, what with the Sokovia Accords being created. But now everything has just become one hundred times worse.

Apparently, Captain America wanted to be the one to bring in the war criminal Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier, who worked for Hydra. According to Tony, they were friends back during World War II. However, he wasn't quick enough and the Winter Soldier blew up the UN during the conference. Along with a few by standers, he also murdered the king of Wakanda, T'Chaka.

Captain America tried to help Bucky escape arrest, however both him and Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, were arrested along with the new King of Wakanda, T'Challa. If that wasn't enough of a headache, the Winter Solider escaped with the help of Captain America and the Falcon. And to be the cherry on top of this mess, Scarlett Witch escaped the compound with the supposed retired Avenger, Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye.

"I'm so sorry, Tony." I whisper and he shakes his head, "You've got nothing to be sorry for kid."

"So, what happens now?" I ask and he sighs, folding his arms over his chest, "I've been given thirty six hours to track Cap down and arrest Bucky Barnes."

"They seem like a pretty formidable team up. Who have you got on your side?" I ask and he paces the room, "Currently, Colonel Rhodes, Natasha Romanov and Vision."

"That seems like a pretty good team up." I state and he nods as he comes to a stop in front of me, "But you know what would give us the edge?"

He looks at me for a long time and it dawns on me, causing me to rise to my feet and shake my head, "No."

"I need you to suit up, kid." He states and I walk away from him, "Tony, I can't just go, what about Mark and Vanessa?"

"They love me." He says casually, waving me off, "We'll tell them we're heading to Seattle for a few days or something for a retreat."

"But Tony, we haven't even really tested out my abilities. What happens if something goes wrong?" I argue and he smiles at me, "I believe in you kid."